function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AneeshaAneesha 

Mystery : User A can view records owned by User B without a sharing rule in place

I have two users A and B with their own diferent role hierarchies( ie, user A comes under Org->CEO->hier-1 and user B comes under Org->CEO->hier-2). 

Now i have an account and some opportunities related to that acount. The OWD is private.

I have two sandbox instances. In one of the sandboxes, I can view all the user B owned opportunities related to the account while logged in as user A. Please note that I do not have any sharing rule in place for opportunities object that shares the records between these two users in this sandbox.

In the next sandbox, with the same situation(ie, OWD private and no sharing rules), I cannot see the user B owned opp records related to the same account while logged in as user A.I am confused here. How can user A view opportunity records owned by user B when there is no sharing rule in place? Can someone please explain. Is there anything more than the sharing settings that I should be looking for?

Sridhar BonagiriSridhar Bonagiri

Hi,

Can you pl. compare sharing settings of both sandboxes?

Regards,

Sridhar Bonagiri

AneeshaAneesha

Hi Sridhar,

I did that already, they are all the same.

JFraileJFraile

Hi.

When you click on the sharing button from the account record, you see the same lines?

Who owns the account (roles may grant access to opportunities)?

Do users profiles  have the see or modify all data or opportunities?

Do you use opportunity or account teams?

Do you use territory management?

These are some features that may impact your security model