function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
calbearcalbear 

Password-protected objects

Hi,

I have a requirement to calculate commission for all sales guys based on their quota and their actual numbers.  However, commission is calculated based on their base salary.  Since commission, salary are very sensitive information, we want to really restrict access to salary, commission even to the System Admin folks.  We have about 6-7 people as System Admin across the globe.  I'm looking around, but cannot find any solution that even prevent System Admin people to see these sensitive data. 

Is there a way, or a feasible solution to implement a password-protected objects/fields that only allow those who have passwords to access to those sensitive information fields (salary/commission) ?  I know the nature is that System admin would be allow to access everything.  So, not sure as if I can add another layer of password protection to certain objects or certain fields.

Any thoughts would be approciated.

Ken

admintrmpadmintrmp
System administrators can query objects through the developer console so even if you were to password-protect through customization, they can still see it. They generally have full access to everything.
chuckmortimorechuckmortimore

While not password protected, you could explore Encrypted Custom Fields and use the user perm to control access.