function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
prafulguptaprafulgupta 

how to track user activity while unmasking password fields?

Hi!

I have a use case at work where we capture certain credentials from the customer to allow internal operations to log into the customer account on their behalf. However, since we are dealing with credentials security and audit tracking is needed. 

Solutions proposed are:

1) Use permission sets to hide/unhide the credentials fields based on page layouts, or

2) Use a custom button to 'unmask' the credential fields

In either scenario, we need to track the person who is clicking the button/taking action to 'unmask' the password field. How do I go about tracking such activity? I was thinking of having a text area field and updating that with user logged in. 

Also, if you have any other solution recommendations, I would welcome those as well. 

Thanks

Praful

ali.ozdenali.ozden

I think using encyrypted fields will be a solution.

Checkout SFDC documentation. 

https://na15.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/fields_about_encrypted_fields.htm

T-HanT-Han

Rough Idea -  You can hv a button as you suggested and using Apex (or Config too - not that sure though) create a logic to Capture the button click in Field Tracking with the user name or also using Apex creating a Note in Notes/Attachments with the user name and other fields..  - if you use this the Notes/Attachments permissions have to be altered so that the user does not delete it... 

Let me know...