function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
nbknbk 

Insufficient Privileges issue for Internal users

Hello Everyone,

I have created new report with "New Accounts" under "Supplier Owner" Report type. I am able to view the report in System Admin profile but not other profiles.

Getting 'Insufficient Priviliges" issue while opening the report other than system admin profile(ex:Account Manager profile) and update below settings for the profile.

Manage Public Reports - True

Run Reports -                     True

Is native report types are only accesible for System Admin profile?

Identified other report too - All Pending Approval Requests

Can someone clarify the above questions! How to view  reports which created by salesforce native report types other than system administrators?

Thanks,

Krishna

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
nbknbk

Thanks for your response.I got the solution for 'All Pending Approval Request'

All Pending Approval request is a combination several objects in salesforce and it is accesible for only 'Salesforce' Platform user licence type profile and the profile requires 'View All Data' permission.

currenlty I have the checked the user type with 'Salesforce Platform' licence type, i.e system throwing 'Insufficient Access'.

for more information check the below link.

https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=reports_administrative.htm&language=en_US

Thanks,

Krishna

All Answers

T-HanT-Han

I am just pitching my thought here, is the Reports Folder visible to other users as well.? Or check the Access of the Report Folder.

nbknbk

The Reports folder is visible to other users and able to view the reports too(Ex:All Pending Approval Requests).

by clicking on 'All Pending Approval Requests' report it is navigating to error page.

'Insufficient Privileges You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary. '

T-HanT-Han

Check, if the report is based on a custom report type. If it is, your report type status might still be "in dev" instead of "deployed," which would mean most users wouldn't be able to access the report...

nbknbk

The Report type is not custom report type and the report type is native(All Pending Approval Requests). Is it salesforce limitation to access the report only system administrator?

T-HanT-Han

Technically it is possible - if the user Profile has "View All Data" permission on their profile. Which is not a good practice as your org might have few sensitive data/objs.... which only an Admin needs/might want to have rights to/any good reason.

Only other way I guess is to schedule a run and send the concerned ppl the report. 

In short: View All Data will give access to the Report for the User(Profile-based). 

nbknbk

Thanks for your response.I got the solution for 'All Pending Approval Request'

All Pending Approval request is a combination several objects in salesforce and it is accesible for only 'Salesforce' Platform user licence type profile and the profile requires 'View All Data' permission.

currenlty I have the checked the user type with 'Salesforce Platform' licence type, i.e system throwing 'Insufficient Access'.

for more information check the below link.

https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=reports_administrative.htm&language=en_US

Thanks,

Krishna

This was selected as the best answer