function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
abhineet@dev.comabhineet@dev.com 

How can I use force.com with J2ME applications?

I do not see any library available for the integration of force.com and J2ME applications. I am looking for library similar to "Android-Force.com". If library is not available then what is alternative for J2ME? Generally J2ME phones are very low end phones so using browser is not recommended hence looking for intergation piece in J2ME app and force.com

KawaiimomoKawaiimomo

I've been developing for J2ME for many years and some years ago I switched to Android.

AFAIK there is no SDK or similar for java phones. I would suggest you to take a look on the Android SDK source, the structure is quite simple and it consists of just a REST/SOAP Requester with some callbacks to get the answers. I would take a look on ksoap, a j2me soap parser. The oauth 2 can be implemented by just modifying and adapting the code. The Android client is using Apache http connection but you can just use the j2me standard HttpURLConnection.

If you finally decide to implement this, it would be great if you could upload it to an open source online repository ;-)