function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SAPOCSAPOC 

Need help to assign leads to Sales rep based on Zip Codes

In my Org,Territory codes are assigned to sales reps based on the region Zip codes .Lead assignment rule is written with rule criteria if Territory code XXX assign to User YYY.

Whenever Lead is created through web or CSV file is imported we only have zip codes available. someone has to manually map these zip codes to Territory codes and then based on lead assignment rules it is assigned to appropriate Sales Rep.

the Zip codes will be around 40,000.

is it possible ,whenever lead is created through web ,the lead is assigned automatically to Sales Rep based on Zip code?

NasipuriNasipuri

Hi ,

I believe the import wizard based Lead upload is not a problem as you can specify the Assignment Rules need to run in the First step of the Import wizard.

By WEB if you mean to say Salesforce.com standard WEB2LEAD then the assignment rule is not applicable there , only you can set a QUEUE or User as default owner in the Lead setting.

But if it is through WEB Services API from an web Application then you can set the Assignment Rule Header there to set the assignment rule.

FYI ..You can set the assignment rule in case of Data Loader too.

Thanks and Regards,

Dinesh Nasipuri

dinesh.nasipuri@gmail.com

SAPOCSAPOC

Thank you for the reply. Can you tell where to set the assignment rule in Lead import wizard and Data Loader.

by web i mean the website where lead details will enter salesforce through web-to-Lead Functionality.so if zip code is entered on this Website ,when lead enters salesforce based on zipcode the lead owner should be automatically set to user owing that zipcode.is it possible through assignment rules? or any other way?

NasipuriNasipuri

I don't think this will be directly supported by Lead Assignment Rule.

You need to develop login using APEX and need to write a Trigger on Lead to meet the functionality.

Thanks and Regards,

Dinesh Nasipuri

dinesh.nasipuri@gmail.com

bbachbbach

Hi SAPOC,

Sounds like you have some experience with routing leads from the web using zip codes.  I am currently working this out for my Org, and am curious what solutions you have come up with? 

My thought was to create a custom object that provides a mapping for the zip codes, but as you mentioned, dealing with 40,000 zip codes does not make it ideal.  What did you end up doing?

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide!