function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sento_Dev.ax33Sento_Dev.ax33 

Could you please explain more...

Adam or Others,

Could you please explain more about setting the soap header for SoapAction to ""?

I'm using asp (not .net) as well and am having problems setting the soapaction header. Is the soapaction header a property of the xmlHTTP object, or part of the actual soap request? I've tried to put in:

<code><SOAP-ENV:Header><SoapAction/></SOAP-ENV:Header></code>

after the starting envelope tag and before the opening body tag with no luck. Please help.

adamgadamg
FWIW, we will be introducing a new/easier way of accessing sforce for non-.NET ASP clients on April 12th - if you can wait, it will make things easier for you.
Sento_Dev.ax33Sento_Dev.ax33

I wish I could wait. I'll just have to do a rebuild then. Thanks for the head up.

For anyone else out there having the same problem, here's how it's solved. The suggestion by Adam is on the right path, but doesn't seem to work for me. Instead of using "", I used " ". Using "" gives a header not found error using VBscript / JScript.

I am using the MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP.4.0 object. After creating and opening the object, I do:

objHTTP.setRequestHeader("SOAPAction", " ");

This is now working for me. If anyone knows of a problem using a space rather than "" please tell me.

Message Edited by Sento_Dev on 03-12-2004 02:12 PM