function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
John SaundersJohn Saunders 

Suggestions on Future SControl Features

A request I just heard about would have required custom display of several custom fields. These fields might depend on each other. One example would be paired dropdown lists, where the value of the first list determines the set of values available in the second list. This would want to display as two labels with the selected picklist values, but would want to be editable as two dropdown lists.

This could almost be done with a WIL pointing to a SControl, but this can't be done inline, and the SControl would have to update the SForce object on its own and not when Save is clicked (which is desirable).

What would be nice would be to specify in the page layout, that I want a particular SControl to be displayed at a particular place on the page, with a particular label and at a particular size. It would be necessary for the SControl to be able to contribute to the set of edited values to be saved on Save. I suppose that the SControl would have to set hidden fields which would be read on Save.

John Saunders

EBezEBez

There is a feature request on our Product Roadmap called Dependent Picklists.  This essentially provides what you are looking for: pairs or groups of picklists where the selected value in the first picklist causes the values in the second and subsequent picklists to be filtered.

Eric Bezar
Senior Product Manager, customforce