function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ddatbig2ddatbig2 

display salesoforce account search on a popup window and submit a form to the opener widnow

We are trying to integrate our software with salesforce.

1) We want to popup a window  that displays salesforce account search dialog. The popup dialog should not ask for login. We want to pass the session id to the popup window.

2) After an account is found there should be "Apply" button on the account detail page. That apply button should submit a form to the opener window.

Is it possible to do these customization in salesforce?

Please consider the fact that our development is purely on Html and Javascript on the client side. So we cannot use sfcontrol ActiveX or Applet.

Thanks,

dd

Message Edited by ddatbig2 on 08-12-2004 04:39 PM

DevAngelDevAngel

HI ddatbig2,

Interesting scenario.  Popping a salesforce.com window to the search page is not a big deal, you can even pre-populate the search field.

It seems that you *may* be able to create a web link to an scontrol that is just javascript, and access the opener that way.

Try creating an scontrol that does a simple hello world in javascript.  Then see if you can access the opener from there.

ddatbig2ddatbig2

Is there a way I can auto login to salesforce when I have the session id with me.

For example

https://na1.salesforce.com/00130000000lTFU?session_id=pj4echruyYkjqqnuzVvnAtKOUgEcHNwg6sq0tU3ehPbJBmQTV..kbc379f7QGa4gLiDAsaK.jINtv3TZ0iPM0PbtzKggVlhL.

Can I pass the session id some way to auto login to the popup window? Please note that the opener window was not logged on to the sales force site. Hence there should be some authentication first time the popup is opened. Session id is obtained from the SOAP server login. 

Thanks,

dd

Pat.ax105Pat.ax105

Yes - You can pass the session ID to login to salesforce.com.  The sessionID token returned from the login API call would then be passed to salesforce.com as a query string parameter to a landing page called frontdoor.jsp which would issue the appropriate session cookie and redirect to the home tab page in salesforce.com.

The exact URL to frontdoor.jsp is:

https://<server>.salesforce.com/secur/frontdoor.jsp?sid=<session_id>&retURL=<deep_link_url>

WHERE:

<server> is either �ssl�, �na1�, �emea� or �ap�

<session_id> is the session id token returned from the API login call

AND

<deep_link_url> is a relative URL within salesforce.com where you want to go after authentication. This is an optional parameter and if omitted, the user will be taken to the home tab page. An example of a value for this parameter would be �/001/o� for the account overview page.

Good Luck!

Pat

EricGEricG

Can you share what the link is to open the search window, including the parameters to pre-populate it?  Is there a parameter to indicate if I'm searching for Accounts vs. Contacts vs. Opportunities, etc.?  I'm assuming we'll be able to use some iteration of the following:

https://na1.salesforce.com/widg/lookup_fs.jsp?lknm=(what-is-this)&lkfm=(what-is-this)&lktp=(what-is-this)&lksrch=(what-is-this)

My scenario is I'm using a weblink from an opportunity to generate a quote in a separate system.  To do so, I need to pass an account and contact ID to the quoting system.  Using the SForce Office Toolkit via an ASP page, I'm able to query the sfdc database and list the Accounts I wish to choose from.  When the user chooses an account, the next screen will (but doesn't yet) show a list of contacts associated to the selected account.  When the contact is selected, I want to send the IDs from the selected items to my quoting system.

I'd like to eliminate my custom pages that display the accounts and contacts, and instead have my page launch the sfdc lookup windows in succession to retrieve the IDs for me.  This gives me UI consistency and also let's me take advantage of standard functionality.  Is it possible for me to do this using the search pop-up screen?

Thanks.