function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SDSD 

Creating a new control

I have created a new table called 'Candidate's'   I am now trying to create a new control (tab) to show the new fields from the candidate table.  Is the only way to create a new control a custom HTML page that is uploaded and referenced or is there another was within the SF customization features within the UI.  If the HTML option is the only way , are there any examples to reference.

Thanks

Steve

adamgadamg

With sforce controls you have the option of using any client side browser technology (javascript, Java, ActiveX, etc) to create your form; the choice depends on which you are most comfortable with, and what is best for your customers and users.

We are working on creating samples for these; in the mean time, if useful I can provide a sample Javascript - however, its pretty extreme as Javascript goes (its a full SOAP client), so unless you are fairly comfortable with that language I'd suggest something else.

We also have partners working on creating easy to use, graphic tools for creating s-controls.  Stay tuned.

qmanqman

Would it be possible to get a copy of the SOAP client code ? I am trying to make SOAP api calls in a sforce control using the webservice.htc behavior and am not having much luck.

Thanks,

Bill Emerson

raduradu

>>We are working on creating samples for these; in the mean time, if useful I can provide a sample >>Javascript - however, its pretty extreme as Javascript goes (its a full SOAP client), so unless you are >>fairly comfortable with that language I'd suggest something else.

How can I get hold of this sample you mention, even if its a full SOAP client? Thanks!

JohnBarnesJohnBarnes
AdamG,

Can you send me a copy of that code as well? We are having an issue with an S-Control. We have the control working but on the target form we cannot seem to handle the line breaks from the description field. We are using Javascript and SOAP.

Thanks!

John