function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
nanjoutainanjoutai 

Calculated Fields: Identifying Blank Picklists

Ron HessRon Hess

i havent tried this but you could create a formula field which is type TEXT and contains only the entry --> {!yourpicklist}

then another formula field which looks at the above TEXT field (formula) and then use a normal test for blank in there.

darozdaroz
Sorry Ron,

From the Lead object I tried that and got this error: "Error: Field {!LeadSource} is a picklist field. Can only be used with ISPICKVAL() function."

Formulas and Picklists are _very_ hobbled in this release.
The_PhoenixThe_Phoenix

daroz wrote:
Sorry Ron,

From the Lead object I tried that and got this error: "Error: Field {!LeadSource} is a picklist field. Can only be used with ISPICKVAL() function."

Where you able to find a solution for this? I'm also looking to extract the value of a picklist and I can't (quite frustrating as it's very simple)

Message Edited by The_Phoenix on 08-31-2005 09:55 AM

darozdaroz

The_Phoenix wrote:

daroz wrote:
Sorry Ron,

Where you able to find a solution for this? I'm also looking to extract the value of a picklist and I can't (quite frustrating as it's very simple)

Message Edited by The_Phoenix on 08-31-2005 09:55 AM

There's no workaround I know of. Though I would think you should be able to determine if a picklist is blank using ISPICKVAL()... Someone will have to pester support on that one.

As for me I'll be packing my pitchfork for Dreamforce. For all of you traveling internationally, remember not to pack it in your carry-on, I think the TSA here might frown on that.
ScotScot

While I'd prefer having a function to get at the underlying string from a picklist, there has been a patch to allow testing for a null picklist.

From the success forum:

We recently released a patch to make it possible to detect empty picklists with the ISPICKVAL function. The empty string ("") in the second argument to ISPICKVAL now matches NONE SELECTED in the picklist. For example:

IF(ISPICKVAL({!Type}, ""), "nothing selected", "something selected")

Eric Bezar
Customforce Product Management

spazurespazure

daroz wrote:
Sorry Ron,

On the bright side, I've already bugged support and they know that ISPICKVAL() is a pain, so hopefully that'll get fixed soonish. Still, I'd rather have to put up with ISPICKVAL() for a while than hear "Sorry, formula fields can't use picklists yet!"