function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RahulKRahulK 

SalesForce Integration with External system

Hi,

I am trying to connect SalesForce with IBM Process Server. I am not able to get the absolute path of the Partner or the enterprise or Apex WSDL.

Is there any way of getting the absolute path of WSDLs in salesforce.

Secondly I dont want to use java for integration. I am trying to use IBM BPEL or mediation (IBM Webservice Utility where we need to pass the absolute path of the WSDL) to get it done. This will minimize and remove dependency over the java code.

Please help.

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
Well you will have to download the WSDL file at
Setup> Develop > API.
This page has download links of the enterprise wsdl specific to your organization, partner WSDL and various other wsdl files.

Once downloaded you can then upload this file to the IBM Process server.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Satish Kumar
RahulKRahulK

Thanks Satish for the reply.

I have imported the WSDL files in the process server. But it failing with error "Connection refused". Although its connecting and running through SOAPUI.

Moreover can't we get the absolute path of the WSDL like we do for normal java based webservices(....?WSDL) in the browser.

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
For security purposes the Enterprise WSDL is available only after you login and you have the required permissions.
Same goes with Partner WSDL.
You could try creating a new public document in salesforce and attach this partner WSDL. Make sure you make it publicly available.
This way you would get a URL for the WSDL hosted on your salesforce instance.
But please note this would mean everyone has access to the WSDL.

Regards,
Satish Kumar
Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
And for the error 'Connection refused', there may be multiple reasons.
First check in the login history to see if the request comes to the salesforce server. If yes, the error message would be right there. May be it needs some more authentication like your security token.
Also check if you have IP Ranges enabled. In this case only requests from specific IP address can connect.

Regards,
Satish Kumar
Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
Also you may check if you are connecting through a proxy.

Regards,
Satish Kumar
RahulKRahulK
Thanks Satish for the help. Let me check this and get back to you on this:)
RahulKRahulK

Is it like that Public documents are not visible to non-sfdc users. If we add the partner wsdl inside other document then it wont ask for the authentication.

Sorry my question will be silly but i am quite new to Salesforce environment.

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
Yes, A document is made public by checking the checkbox 'Externally Available' when you create a new document record in salesforce.
This means anyone with the URL will be able to access the document by just typing it in their browser. There is no need to authenticate.

Regards,
Satish Kumar
RahulKRahulK

Hi,

Mentioned solution doesnt work as this public document is not WSDL and we want the WSDL path :(

Moreover can we host salesforce WSDL over the IBM Application server?

If yes i have tried and getting the connection refused error. Although i have set the proxy setting to bypass the proxy.

My requirement is to make generic connector to salesforce and writing java code using WSC is quite tedious and involves lot of coding. While the same can be achieved using IBM tool but for that we need the absolute WSDL.

Please suggest if we have some alternative to this.

theDtheD
Rahoul, did you ever get this working?