function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sweetzsweetz 

Salesforce .net Integration

I have written a webservice in .net that receive the outbound message from salesforce. With the Id received from the Salesforce outbound message, I want to query the related objects and its fields. Can I achieve this without salesforce authentication? With the session id I get from outbound message can I query the objects? I am confused. Please help me out. 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
SuperfellSuperfell

Yes, the option to have the sessionId in the message is so that your listener can turn around and make API calls to get additional related data it might need. serverUrl is in there as well, which is all you need.

All Answers

SuperfellSuperfell

Yes, the option to have the sessionId in the message is so that your listener can turn around and make API calls to get additional related data it might need. serverUrl is in there as well, which is all you need.

This was selected as the best answer
sweetzsweetz

Thanks for the clarification simon. So by passing session id and server url I can query the related object and its fields(Without Salesforce username and password). What if the session times out? In that case, salesforce username and password is required right?  

SuperfellSuperfell

Why would the session timeout, are you planning to have some giant deley between getting the message and making the API call ?

sweetzsweetz

No simon. I just wanted to know what could be the solution if the session timesout. Could you please post some sample of how to pass session id and server url to get the related object.