function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
lmjohnsonlmjohnson 

Create Mass Tasks - s-control

Mass Action Buttons for Tag and Search Results

Custom_buttons_on_tagging_lists_thu
All Editions

• Improve user adoption by letting users act on multiple tagged records
  • Increase productivity by reducing the number of clicks required to act on multiple records

Users enjoy the time-saving benefits of custom list buttons on list views and related lists. With Spring 08, custom buttons can now be used on list results. Administrators can create custom buttons for search and tag results so that users can initiate mass actions on those ad-hoc lists. For example, users can tag contacts according to interests and then email all contacts with those interests by simply clicking a custom button on the tag results list.

Note: This feature is enabled by default.

According to the above there is a way to send mass emails from tags etc. Does anyone have the code that would be used to create this button? AND how to set it up so that it appears on the tag list.

Help - Please - I am not a programmer.
lmjohnsonlmjohnson
PLEASE - Can anyone help me with this!!!
fifedogfifedog
Linda,
I think this question need to go over to the dev board for the request to 'mass email' is the hard part.  I meet a very smart guy Jonathan Hersh from salesforce.com who created his own mass email call. It sounded really complex. 

As far as the description goes yeah they make it sound easy... but I'm unsure about that.  Sorry.

Message Edited by Tran Man on 12-19-2008 10:29 AM
meighanmeighan
I have been searching for the code to put in for this also.  The notes made it seem like its set to go and easy to find.  Any updates?