function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RobotiRoboti 

A custom profile does not appear for Opportunity object

Hi,

We have created a custom object "ABC" on Opportunities. We have already created a custom user profile "XYZ" which we want to use to access this custom object "ABC". We have set the object access to "XYZ". But it is showing the message that we need to give "XYZ" Read permission on Opportunity.

We then checked for Object Settings for "XYZ" profile and found that Opportunity is not listed in the object list. When we go to Administration Setup -> Security Controls -> Field Accessibility -> Opportunity -> View by Profiles -> ...our "XYZ" profile does not appear in the list.

How can we add Opportunity object for the profile "XYZ"?

Your help will be appreciated very much!

Thanks and regards

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
RobotiRoboti

Hi Vinita,

This issue has been solved. The custom profile was using Salesforce Platform user license. We moved the user from this profile to another profile which was using Salesforce user license. This solved the issue.

Thanks!

All Answers

Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC

Hello,

Please check if the profile grants any field level access on opportunity.

digamber.prasaddigamber.prasad

Hi,

Will you please let me know if there is master-detail relationship between opportunity and your custom object ABC? If yes, then you need to give access of Opportunity to your custom profile 'XYZ'.

RobotiRoboti

Hi Vinita,

This issue has been solved. The custom profile was using Salesforce Platform user license. We moved the user from this profile to another profile which was using Salesforce user license. This solved the issue.

Thanks!

This was selected as the best answer
RobotiRoboti

Hi Digamber,

We had checked the master-detail relationship and this was not causing the issue.

The custom profile was using Salesforce Platform user license. We moved the user from this profile to another profile which was using Salesforce user license. This solved the issue.

Thanks!

Mike KambohMike Kamboh
I am also facing the same issue but glad I read the comments and found the solution. I will like to thank everyone for sharing the useful tip to remove the issue. This solved the issue.

Regards:
Kamboh Mike
Working at (academic writing service (https://youracademicwriter.com))