function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Newbie_77Newbie_77 

CMSForce help

I just installed CMSForce in development as a trail before I go forth with production...

The first 6 steps of the installation process are concerning. We have way too many documents, dashboards, letterheads, workflows etc that we already have set up in Salesforce. I do not want any existing settings changed that would impact their current function.  Can you verify before I install to production? Thanks!

1. Change the visibility settings for any installed documents, reports, dashboards, letterheads, email templates, and custom fields on standard objects. By default, these components are visible to all users. Set the Running User for any installed dashboards or analytic snapshots; by default, it is set to you.
  2. Set the Running User for any installed dashboards or analytic snapshots; by default, it is set to you.
  3. Specify the appropriate recipients for any installed workflow tasks.
  4. Specify the appropriate assignees for any installed workflow alerts.
  5. Specify the appropriate user for workflow field updates that modify the Owner field or user lookups; by default, it is set to you.
  6. Create a schedule for any installed analytic snapshots.
  7. Configure any additional settings for this package from the package detail page.
  8. Deploy the package by clicking Deploy Now below. You can also do this at any time in the future from the package detail page.
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
David VPDavid VP

Hi,

As you know, CMSForce is a Force.com Labs package and hence not officially supported by Salesforce. You also need to test for yourself if the package meets your requirements/does not violate any company policies. In case you'll be using this in a production environment I strongly suggest staging and testing it first in a sandbox environment (that goes for any package you install).

Having said that, I'll go over the 6 points you mentioned (a standard page in package install wizard informing you of some possible extra configuration steps need) and I'll answer those as good as I can inline (the numbering is a bit funky from the copy paste) :

1. Change the visibility settings for any installed documents, reports, dashboards, letterheads, email templates, and custom fields on standard objects. By default, these components are visible to all users. Set the Running User for any installed dashboards or analytic snapshots; by default, it is set to you.
    • The installation does not require you to change any existing visibility setting on documents, reports, dashboards, letterheads, email templates or custom fields. However : be aware that in for example the web form editor, users might for example see the names of certain fields/objects you've defined (not the content). CMSForce won't change anything, but make sure to check that whatever it exposes is ok for you.
  2. Set the Running User for any installed dashboards or analytic snapshots; by default, it is set to you.
    1. No dashboards are included,so you won't have the set the running user
  • Specify the appropriate recipients for any installed workflow tasks.
  • CMSForce does not have any pre-packaged workflows, no recipients to set
  • Specify the appropriate assignees for any installed workflow alerts.
  • See above
  • Specify the appropriate user for workflow field updates that modify the Owner field or user lookups; by default, it is set to you.
  • See above
  • Create a schedule for any installed analytic snapshots.
  • No analytic snapshot are included, so you won't have to schedule any
  •  

The final decision if you'll install this is of course still yours.

Hope this helps,

David

All Answers

David VPDavid VP

Hi,

As you know, CMSForce is a Force.com Labs package and hence not officially supported by Salesforce. You also need to test for yourself if the package meets your requirements/does not violate any company policies. In case you'll be using this in a production environment I strongly suggest staging and testing it first in a sandbox environment (that goes for any package you install).

Having said that, I'll go over the 6 points you mentioned (a standard page in package install wizard informing you of some possible extra configuration steps need) and I'll answer those as good as I can inline (the numbering is a bit funky from the copy paste) :

• The installation does not require you to change any existing visibility setting on documents, reports, dashboards, letterheads, email templates or custom fields. However : be aware that in for example the web form editor, users might for example see the names of certain fields/objects you've defined (not the content). CMSForce won't change anything, but make sure to check that whatever it exposes is ok for you.
    1. No dashboards are included,so you won't have the set the running user
  • Specify the appropriate recipients for any installed workflow tasks.
  • CMSForce does not have any pre-packaged workflows, no recipients to set
  • Specify the appropriate assignees for any installed workflow alerts.
  • See above
  • Specify the appropriate user for workflow field updates that modify the Owner field or user lookups; by default, it is set to you.
  • See above
  • Create a schedule for any installed analytic snapshots.
  • No analytic snapshot are included, so you won't have to schedule any
  •  

The final decision if you'll install this is of course still yours.

Hope this helps,

David

This was selected as the best answer
Newbie_77Newbie_77

I'm so sorry to have to ask since CMForce is not a supported App...

But I have a test site up and the web form does not flow through into the the Salesforce custom object that I've created. It only flows through if the user signs into Salesforce and access the web form.  What public access did I miss? I've followed everything in the CMForce userguide.   Thanks!

David VPDavid VP

No need to apologize !

Can you give me a link to the web form you've created ?

Do you get any error message ?

David

newbie_78newbie_78

Thanks again for your help!

In development, I've created a site (with a web form) that I would like to capture information from the web and flow the data into the "Renewal" custom object in Salesforce.  Since we plan to send the site's URL via an email to customers, I need to make sure 1) Customer does not need to sign in 2) Web Form data flows through into the Renewal custom object in Salesfroce.

Please see my issues in RED below:

1. If I link to this URL:

https://c.na7.visual.force.com/apex/page?pageid=a05A0000000BJL1IAO

Issue: customers would need to log in, but the web record does flow through to renewal object in Salesforce.

2. If I link to this URL:

http://gtsi-developer-edition.na7.force.com/

Issue: Customer does not need to login, but the web form info does not flow through to renewal object in Salesforce.

David VPDavid VP

Hi,

I just tested your page.

I don't know what return URL this page points to but when I submit, I just ended up on the same page again.

This could mean 2 things :

1) Your return url is just pointing to the same page as where your form is

2) You actually have a different return url but there was an error while trying to save the form info. In that case, try temporarily adding a <apex:pageMessages/> tag to the VisualForce page called 'page' ...see if something shows up there when you post the form (take it out when you go live).

Let me know if it helps,

David

newbie_78newbie_78

Hi,

Yes, the return page was the same page as my web form. I've now changed it to our company's website as the return page.  But the web form data is still not flowing through into my Renewal record in Salesforce.  I wonder if my public access setting is not set correctly.

If the user logs in, then the web form data can flow through into Salesforce.  If the user does not log in, then the web form data does not flow through into Salesforce...

Thanks,

David VPDavid VP

I've just sent you a PM.

I'll work with you directly to try and solve this.

newbie_78newbie_78

Thank you very much!

PS - What does PM stand for? My email is linked with my community name "newbie_78". Thanks!

David VPDavid VP

Private Message.

Click on the 'x Messages (1 New)' link that you should have on the top right of this page (if you're logged in).

David

newbie_78newbie_78

Everyone, CMSForce worked beautifully! It was just an user error on my part.

Here's the solution David helped me with:

In Salesforce, I needed to click on "View all" for the custom object that I've created to store the web form data collected.

Per David:

"The reason why you didn't see it on the tab itself is that the list there only shows your most recent accessed records.
Since the new renewal got created by a 'Guest User' it's not in *your* most recent items list. Once you've accessed it once, it will be of course."

Newbie_77Newbie_77

Hi, I am now trying the "Dynamically prefill values in the Forms via URL parameters" on page 22 of your userguide.

I have created an email template in Salesforce and this is what I'm experienceing. Can you tell what I'm doing wrong?

Scenario 1:

In the email template, I show the entire URL: 

http://gtsi-developer-edition.na7.force.com/page?pageid=a05A0000000BJL1IAO&Renewal_Contact__c={!Contact.FirstName}

Result: When the user receives the email, the URL is missing. 

Scenario 2:

In the email template, I tried to link the above URL to text.  I'm able to save the email template. But when I try to send the email, a get a system error.

Thanks again!

David VPDavid VP

Presuming you're using HTML email templates : In the email template itself, you first have to type some text, like say 'click here'.

Then highlight the text and click on the 'html link' button to actually set up a link behind the text.

I've tested your link and it works :-)

You might want to check the standard salesforce help on how to create email templates.

David

Newbie_77Newbie_77

Thanks so much for your prompt response! I think you're my good luck charm!

If works after you looked at it. I didn't change anything and it's now working for me too. :)

Newbie_77Newbie_77

Hi David,

The web form feature is working great!! 

Question: The owner of each new record = "Objectname Site Guest User".  Is there a way to default the owner to an existing profile/user? I'm worried the "Site Guest User" profile is going to use up a Salesforce license. We would rather not.

Thanks!

David VPDavid VP

Don't worry about the Guest User license. You have 25 of those (in Enterprise Edition one for each site you can create - 25 in total per environment) and they're free.

NonickNonick

Brilliant product, but having a problem with rollout (possibly because I'm operating in sandbox).

Followed all instructions and constructed a simple form for a site. Rolled out page.

http://smsmt.smsdev.cs1.force.com/PSRTest/page?pageid=a0FS00000021tqgMAA

hitting preview, works as expected

drawing the page with the url:

https://c.cs1.visual.force.com/apex/page?pageid=a0FS00000021tqgMAA

the public url is missing everything but the core component, not pulling through any content.

I'm certain this is object permissions issue, but I've followed the instructions.

Enabled 'page' as visual force page

in public access settings, followed all the settings on pg25 of the doc. following advice above I've also tagged them as View All for:

Page Item, Page Template, Pages, ContentBlockItems, Form Fields and Web Forms.

Please help out as this is a great product.

David VPDavid VP

Glad you like it ;-)

On thing you might want to check is if the CMSForce app is in 'deployed' status :

setup -> view installed packages -> CMSForce

If the 'deploy' button isn't greyed out, hit it !

If that doesn't fix it, just post back and we'll see what else we can think of.

Newbie_77Newbie_77

Hi David,

Can you tell me what the Apex Class "TestWebFormTrigger" is used for, and if it can be edited or deleted? https://na3.salesforce.com/01p500000008bf1 

It's seems to be conflicting with something we need to do in Salesforce. 

Thanks,

David VPDavid VP

It's an Apex test class.

Why do you think it's conflicting with anything ?

What error are you getting ?

Newbie_77Newbie_77

We are trying to move a Trigger that Calculates quote request due date and time from Sandbox to Production and the error message references this Trigger. Here's a screen shot of the error we are getting:

http://www.gtsi.com/downloads/apex%20class%20error.bmp

FYI - another AppExchange program that we had installed was causing errors - we uninstalled that program and now this is the only error.

David VPDavid VP

That's a strange error.

Do the tests run ok ? (setup -> develop -> apex classes -> 'Run all tests')

If all else fails, you might want to try commenting out some of the insert statements in the test class.

BernardoLiraBernardoLira

Hi!

I am developing a non-profit site to provide some help to Chilean people after the eathquake we suffered last week, and I am trying to set up some pages, but I found an error when entering data in the Web form editor.

The error is:  The reference Organizaci_n__c for field Organizaci_n__c is not valid. Reference fields need to be hidden and have a correct Id value. List index out of bounds: 0.

I am trying to build a Web form to let users enter info, and one of the fields is the Account (I assume the user filling the form is a Contact belonging to an Account, and for the custom object I'm filling, the Account is "Organizaci_n__c" field).

I don't know how to solve the error. PLease let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks!!

David VPDavid VP

It's not an error.

That message is telling you that if you use a reference field you need to make it hidden and provide a correct default id value.

Go to the 'Organizaci' you want the web form's data to be auto-linked to and copy the id (the long key at the end of the url) into the hidden value field.

Let me know if you need more help.

micwamicwa

Is it right that if you choose to use CMSForce you can't link "real" visualforce pages to the site because only pages created using CMSForce are accessible?

If I would like to use visualforce code in my page, how do I do that? It's not possible to insert code into the PageItem object because the code is just displayed.

Thanks for any help. 

David VPDavid VP

You can link to any page, including VF pages.

In the popup that appears when you hit the 'link' icon in the WYSIWYG editor, just drop the URL to your VisualForce page and you're good.

Hope this helps

siteNewbiesiteNewbie

Hi David,

This is my very first time to work with the CMS app. and I find it very neat. However, I'm just wondering how can you access those custom labels you've set in salesforce inside the web forms? for instance, in order for you to access it via VF you just need the $label.API_Name, so how about in creating web forms?

Moreover, are you allowed to add apex component inside the pageItem?

Thanks in advance!

VanyapVanyap

Help completing install.

I have just deployed the CMSForce2 app and followed the installation instructions, but am now stuck on the CMS Console Tab > CMSForce Setup

For some reason there is no SAVE button showing on my CMSForce Setup Tab.

I can enter my Preview URL and Salesforce domain url. But I have no way to save this configuration?????

Thanks

David VPDavid VP

The 'Save' button for preview url only shows up if your profile is 'System Administrator'.

A way around is, is to modify the CMSForceSetup visualforce page.

On line 25, change :

<apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}" rendered="{!IF($Profile.Name == 'System Administrator', true, false)}"/>

To :

<apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}"/>

And you should be fine. Make sure to make that VisualForce page unaccessible for other profiles. You don't want your users to make changes to this.

markdamomarkdamo

I cant seem to be able to see the content on the pages unless im logged in as an authenticated user.  Ive deployed CMSForce, set the public access rights on the site to view all for all the CMSForce objects, but still I cant see the content when using the Guest user account.  I had a look in the debug logs and the content__c field is being queried and returning a valid result but its just not coming out on the page for some reason.   Anyone any ideas?  Thx

MichaelZMichaelZ

Hello,

I'm new to the use of sites, although experienced with the salesforce.com platform generally.

I have followed the installation notes to install CMS Force2 and double checked to ensure it is correct.

I can't seem to get the links or web form submission to work. For example if I create two pages one called application form and the other called thankyou. Then on the application form I have a link to the thankyou page, linked via the lookup server and selecting the thankyou page. When I click the link I get a page not found error.

The same occurs when I add a webform to the application page and click the submit/save button.

I have scoured the forums and cannot find anything related to this error, any urgent help needed as I have a tight deadline.

Cheers

Michael

SaraswatiSaraswati

Hi David.  I'm having the same problem with two webforms that are showing properly on the site, but when submitted they dont seem to be communicating with my Salesforce database at all.  I am paying hourly for support from a third party company and they can't seem to figure out the problem.  Is there any chance you can help me? I am under a deadline and very confused about how to fix this issue.  Thanks!

Saraswati

markdamomarkdamo

Not sure if this is relevant but do your forms need to be on a https page to send the info to Salesforce?  I know you need to be on a https to login to the site.

SaraswatiSaraswati

I don't think so.  I had them up working fine previously, and then someone installed the upgraded version of CMSForce and now they are not communicating with the database at all.  Not really sure how I would go about putting them on an https site anyways..

tigerpainetigerpaine

I'm running into the same issue.  For some reason I can't get the site "live" without it requesting an authenticated user.  Checked the public access and appears that I've done everything requested in any documents that I can find...yet can't get the results i desire.  Can you please help?

CSCS_82CSCS_82

MichaelZ - I too am having the same issue.  Did you have any luck getting a solution?

Thanks

K

David VPDavid VP

Just noticed this : if you're still having issues can you open a new thread with a proper description (this thread is from mid 2009).

I'll follow-up on them.

David

MichaelZMichaelZ

David,

Thanks for picking this up.

I've created a new thread called "CMS Force Links Broken"

If you could follow this up I'm sure we would all appreciate it.

Thanks again

Michael

Ben_JonesBen_Jones

I have a problem that I hope someone can help with.  I have a basic cmsforce page that includes a webform.  The return url works fine in the preview of the form, however at the live static url, when the form is posted, the user is sent to page not found error.  Can someone help?

Thanks,

Ben

David VPDavid VP

Do you happen to use friendly url's with the page where the web form sits in ?

Friendly url's work fine with regular pages but there's a bug with web forms ... I still need to fix that (or if someone else finds the time, please do)

SnowboredscottSnowboredscott

David I am so glad I found this thread.  I have tried taking away the friendly URL from the page but still no luck.  My webform works great when I preview it from CMS Force but when I try to use it right from sites I get a 404 error.  I even have it running off the secure site. It does not seem to want to redirect to the correct redirect page. 

MM0MM0

I too am having a similar issue with the return url on webforms. Is there any update on a fix? 

Thanks.

Ben_JonesBen_Jones

In addition to removing the friendly URL you also need to remove the URL Rewriter Class from the Site Details.  This should do it.

MM0MM0

Has anyone found a fix while retaining the URL Rewriter? We would really like to use this.

Colin JohnsonColin Johnson

Hi David (and others),

We're using CMSForce 2 - which we think is awesome BTW!!

We're wondering if it's possible to produce a repeatable content section? For example, can you have a web page that produces a list of records that are pulled from a custom object in SFDC (e.g. recent news, product reviews, upcoming events).

If this is possible, how it is achieved?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

Colin

David VPDavid VP

Hi Colin,

It is not included as a 'point and click' feature in CMSForce2 but since all page templates are based on regular VisualForce, you could easily add an <apex:repeat ...> component in there to display whatever records you want. A lot of people are doing just that.

RodAustriaRodAustria

Hi David,

I have followed all the instructions in the guide but I am unable to have the web form appear on the site.

I am using the sample appexchange template and whenever I add the web form it does not show up. Anything that I might be missing?

Thanks