function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
markdavismarkdavis 

Unable to install Chatter SmartFollow

When I try to install Chatter SmartFollow, I get the following test errors:

Problem:

1. Apex Classes(01pS000000011bd) chatterfollowbatchcaller.testchatterFollowBatchCaller()

System.Exception: Assertion Failed

Class.chatterFollowBatchCaller.testchatterFollowBatchCaller: line 174, column 3 External entry point

2. Apex Classes(01pS000000011bg) chatterfollowrules.testFollowEveryone()

System.Exception: Too many query rows: 501

Class.chatterFollowRules.testFollowEveryone: line 646, column 48 External entry point

Validation Errors While Saving Record(s)

There were custom validation error(s) encountered while saving the affected record(s). The first validation error encountered was "00DS00000007M8X: APEX_TEST_FAILED [01pS000000011bd: chatterfollowbatchcaller.testchatterFollowBatchCaller(): System.Exception: Assertion Failed

Class.chatterFollowBatchCaller.testchatterFollowBatchCaller: line 174, column 3 External entry point, 01pS000000011bg: chatterfollowrules.testFollowEveryone(): System.Exception: Too many query rows: 501

Class.chatterFollowRules.testFollowEveryone: line 646, column 48 External entry point]".

Is anyone else running into this issue?

ReidCReidC

Let me take a look at this and will be back.

ReidCReidC

There was a small issue.  We've resolved it and here's a new install. 

https://login.salesforce.com/?startURL=%2Fpackaging%2FinstallPackage.apexp%3Fp0%3D04tA00000009gRF

Let me know how it goes!

markdavismarkdavis

I've just tried installing this from the link provided into a sandbox but I'm getting a Data Not Available message. I'm tring to install to the CS1 instance

ReidCReidC

Hm.  Just tested on both prod and sandbox and I was able to get it going.  Can I have a little more detail?  Did you change the "https://login..." to "https://test..."?

markdavismarkdavis

Yes, I changed the url to https://test.... and I end up on the https://cs1... instance

I then have the following message displayed:

Data Not Available

The data you were trying to access could not be found. It may be due to another user deleting the data or a system error. If you know the data is not deleted but cannot access it, please look at our support page.

ReidCReidC

Hmmm.... That's really weird.  How far in the install process do you get?  There are three steps.  Review the components and click continue, select who will be able to use the apps -- all users, admin only, other -- and install -- do you get through all those?

markdavismarkdavis

So I click on the url provided, update the 'login' section of the URL with 'test' so that I'm presented with the sandbox login page. I then enter my credentials and click login. As soon as I'm logged in, the Data Unavailable message appears

ReidCReidC

Looks like there was some weirdness that should now be corrected.  Can you try again to verify?

markdavismarkdavis

Still have the same issue... Data Not Available

A_SmithA_Smith

Should be available now.  Give it a go.

markdavismarkdavis

So this time I was at least able to start the installation process but it failed with the following errors:

Problem:

1. Apex Classes(01pS000000013KU) chatterfollowbatchcaller.testchatterFollowBatchCaller()

System.Exception: Assertion Failed

Class.chatterFollowBatchCaller.testchatterFollowBatchCaller: line 176, column 9 External entry point

Validation Errors While Saving Record(s)

There were custom validation error(s) encountered while saving the affected record(s). The first validation error encountered was "00DS00000007M8X: APEX_TEST_FAILED [01pS000000013KU: chatterfollowbatchcaller.testchatterFollowBatchCaller(): System.Exception: Assertion Failed

Class.chatterFollowBatchCaller.testchatterFollowBatchCaller: line 176, column 9 External entry point]".

ReidCReidC

Mark,

This pops up when you have custom validation rules that prevent us from creating test data during app install.  You can either a) disable these validation rules or b) check the box ignore apex errors.

HTH.

Marc C.Marc C.

Class.chatterFollowBatchCaller.testchatterFollowBatchCaller: line 176, column 1

This error is still an issue in SmartFollow 2.9.0. We have disabled all our user validation rules and the assert on line 176 still fails.

Marc C.Marc C.

09:41:10.951 (2951394000)|CODE_UNIT_STARTED|[EXTERNAL]|01pM00000000yP0|chatterFollowListBatch
09:41:10.960 (2960773000)|SOQL_EXECUTE_BEGIN|[6]|Aggregations:0|select Id,ManagerId,Manager.ManagerId,Manager.Manager.ManagerId,Manager.Manager.Manager.ManagerId,UserRoleId,ProfileId,Department,Division from User
09:41:11.067 (3067488000)|SOQL_EXECUTE_END|[6]|Rows:739
09:41:11.069 (3069171000)|EXCEPTION_THROWN|[EXTERNAL]|System.Exception: No more than one executeBatch can be called from within a testmethod.  Please make sure the iterable returned from your start method matches the batch size, resulting in one executeBatch invocation.
09:41:11.090 (3090923000)|FATAL_ERROR|System.Exception: No more than one executeBatch can be called from within a testmethod.  Please make sure the iterable returned from your start method matches the batch size, resulting in one executeBatch invocation.

Looks like the developer only tested this App in orgs with less than 200 users.

They need to add the following:

if (Test.isRunningTest() chatterBatch.query += ' LIMIT 200'; 

to line 110 of chatterFollowBatchCaller.cls

How to get a fix?