function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MaryLouMaryLou 

Social Salesforce using LinkedIn Company Insider

Hi, I'm installing the Social Salesforce using LinkedIn Company Insider app but would like to link the Salesforce account website field to the LinkedIn website field instead of account name.

I've changed "account.Name" to "account.website" but I'm not sure if I need to change anything else.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thanks, Mary

siv001siv001

Hi MaryLou,

The appexchange package is based on LinkedIn Company Insider Widget, from looking at their development website pages it appears the only input argument it takes is company name not company website.

So while you could pass in any salesforce text field to it, if it does not look like a company name the linkedin widget will not find it.

Are you looking to use website instead of company name to avoid getting contacts from similiar sounding company names?

Thanks

Mark

MaryLouMaryLou

Thanks Mark,

Yes, I'm trying to avoid confusion where different companies have the same or similar sounding names. Also where the company name might not have been entered into Salesforce in a format that allows a keyword search in LinkedIn (eg BMW is not picked up when entered as BMW (Group) in SF).

siv001siv001

Unfortunately due to the current limitation of the LinkedIn widget this cannot be done for your orginal approach.

You can create a "LinkedIn Company Name" field in salesforce and pass that into the widget instead, that may help with some of your use cases.

siv001siv001

Hi MaryLou,

If you found "Social Salesforce using LinkedIn Company Insider" useful would you mind rating it?

http://sites.force.com/appexchange/listingDetail?listingId=a0N30000003I9AaEAK

Thanks

Mark

vahuntvahunt

I've installed LinkedIn Company Insider, and I like it, but just wondered if there is a way to change the way it's displayed. The widget sits in the middle of the page, when I display in the one column as suggested. Is there a way to either right or left justify it? I'm using Internet Explorer. Thanks!

siv001siv001

You could try putting it into a 2 column page layout.

Or modify the Visualforce code directly.