function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Brandy C ColmerBrandy C Colmer 

Action Plans Error Message

I have a strange error message that a user is seeing in a PE org.

Here is a screenshot:

It is a PE org, as you can see. Thanks!

BWAdministratorsBWAdministrators

We are getting this same error.  We have PE and hierarchy's set up.  The install works great for me (except I do not see anything related to importing templates anywhere) as an administrator.  The others in our organization do not have the Actions Plans section that was added to their page layouts, but they do have a Create Action Plans button that we added per the instructions.  However, when they click to go in there, they do not see the templates that I have created and made visible to all users.  I re-read the help documentation for post-install configuration and had skipped setting the organizational defaults, but went back and did it.  Tried enabling via profile and specific users to no avail.  When they click to create a new template they get the same error as shown in the previous posting screenshot.  Please help, this is an amazing tool if we can get it working right!

Brandy C ColmerBrandy C Colmer

Ok, so I found the problem.  The app had not been deployed.  I dont know If I intentionally did not deploy at install time, or if the install was one of those where you have to wait for an email notification that it has finished, but I had not deployed it, and therefore the custom object and its standard controller were not available to anyone but the System Administrator.  With a PE org, you cant go check the profile perms, so this took a bit of diggin to figure out that that was the problem.  

Go to AppSetup>View Installed Packages, find the Action Plans managed package, and click on the name.  Click the Deploy button, and then say 'Duh!' right along with me.

:smileytongue: