function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ReidCReidC 

CMSForce2 FAQ

CMSForce2 is a free content management system from Force.com Labs.  This app is unsupported, but the community posts and answers questions here as well as on the salesforce.com community site.

1. I attempted to install CMSForce2 but received a failure message.  Why won't it install?  The most common problem is that you need an active Force.com site up and running at the time of install.  Post

2. Is there a managed app version of CMSForce2?  No.  CMSForce2 is only available unmanaged.

3. Is this the same as Siteforce?  No.  Siteforce is a product expected to be GA in 2011.

4. Can I insert multiple records with a single call?  Not out of the box (Post).

5. Can I use a picklist in a webform?  Yes (Post).

6. Why can't I add content to CMSForce2?  Your security is probably misconfigured. Check pages 3-4 of the install guide.  Post

OmtcNPAOmtcNPA

Hi,

I have setup CMSForce2 and it is working great; however, the Web Form I am building references an object with multipicklist fields. It allows me to add these fields to the web form, but when I publish the form it states: "Multipicklist fields not yet supported". 

Am I doing something wrong? I can't find any documentation that states that I can't reference multipicklist fields and the userguide even mentions that you can't auto-prefill a multipicklist field, which would tell me that I can include them, just not pre-fill them...

Any help would be appreciated!

Owen

ReidCReidC

Sounds like its just a mismatch in the docs.  I'd remove them.  (Suspect you already have.)

Jean DuqueJean Duque

Hi,

Can I use CMSForce 2 to show records that I have in my Salesforce database? like accounts, contacts?

ReidC wrote:

CMSForce2 is a free content management system from Force.com Labs.  This app is unsupported, but the community posts and answers questions here as well as on the salesforce.com community site.

1. I attempted to install CMSForce2 but received a failure message.  Why won't it install?  The most common problem is that you need an active Force.com site up and running at the time of install.  Post

2. Is there a managed app version of CMSForce2?  No.  CMSForce2 is only available unmanaged.

3. Is this the same as Siteforce?  No.  Siteforce is a product expected to be GA in 2011.

4. Can I insert multiple records with a single call?  Not out of the box (Post).

5. Can I use a picklist in a webform?  Yes (Post).

6. Why can't I add content to CMSForce2?  Your security is probably misconfigured. Check pages 3-4 of the install guide.  Post

eclfeclf

Hello, 

I'm new to CMSForce. So I downloaded the app and followed all the instructions regarding instalation in the user guide and I was able to install and setup pretty well. 

Now when I'm trying it out, as in playing a little bit with the app to get a feel of it and to learn how it works:

(i) I can seem to be able to add components to my sample page. When I click Add New Item or Include Existent, after I select the item I want (or create a new one) it doesn't show on the page, although if I enter the Page record detail, I can see that the item has been created and associated to the page. Is this supposed to happen?

(ii) Another problem I'm having, consequently, is when I click Edit Item I face this VF Error:

"Id value is not valid for the PageToItem__c standard controller".

Am I missing some step? Doing something wrong?

I would appreciate some guidance with this. Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

EF

Olivier AvonOlivier Avon
Hello,

Please can you help me:

I installed the app, build a WebForm, created a Page Template, a Folder, a Page

My Webform works perfectly  when i'am connected to Salesforce
But it doesnt work when i'm not connected.

Thanks a lot if you can help me

My form is based on a custom object

when i click the Save button i got a message:
Page not found: page

best
olivier