function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
newbie2010newbie2010 

CMSForce2 Sandox vs non-CMSForce2 Production

I am trying to implement a page in my Production Org that i developed in my Sandbox Org.  However, I ran into some issues getting anything to come up on the internet so I went back and created the same basic page for both orgs.  Any change that I make to the site in my Sandbox Org is immediately updated, but that is not the case in the Production Org.  The only difference being that I have CMSForce2 installed in my Sandbox Org with the catch that it is just a VF page that I am using in both scenarios.  I am not even using CMSForce2 to implement the page in my Sandbox Org, but that seems to be the only difference.  I guess I am curious as to if CMSForce2 implements changes in the Org to allow for easier iplementation of sites in general regardless of whether you actually use the tool or use a straight VF page.

ReidCReidC

No CMSForce2 doesn't implement any magic for you w/r/t non-CMSForce2 visualforce pages.  The things I would check in prod:

Public access rights for the page and controller

Caching

That the prod site is active

In other words -- the basics.  HTH

newbie2010newbie2010

That's just it, i have checked the basics and they all seem to be set the same way.  The page does show up as a site in both orgs, but when I make changes they take effect immediately through the Sandbox as compared to Production.  That being said it should be a caching setting somewhere that i am missing.  It can't be in the VF page as it doesn't matter what page is used in the Sandbox it always updates immediately.  I am sure it is something simple, but i am obviously missing something.

ReidCReidC

Hm -- so caching is turned on at the page level, so I wound't expect that to be an issue.

Did you do a hard reload of the page?  I've seen pages get cached at the browser level before.

Are you viewing using SSL or non SSL?  SSL is outside of the CDN, so using HTTPS should help you eliminate that as a possibility.

newbie2010newbie2010

I am doing the exact same thing on both orgs.  I have two IE8 windows open with two tabs open in each.  one has both orgs open in separate tabs and the other has both pages loaded in separate tabs.  I can in and make the change in the production org and refresh that page with no update and then go back and update the sandbox org and refresh that page and the changes are immediate.  After refreshing the sandbox site and showing the changes I click the tab for the production site and refresh and the changes still don't come through.  It is somewhat baffling to me as why they are updating at such drastically different speeds.