function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DAC11DAC11 

Find Nearby - Not finding Address

Hello,

I've been using the Find Nearby App for a few weeks and the newest version is great so far. I have a problem however, The application is just not finding a particular address on an account, (it has located over 200 out of 600) even when I simplify the address to town and county. I've searched for the address in google maps and it's finds it straight away.

So is it the case that if you can find the address in google maps, you should be able to find it through 'Find Nearby Accounts' via salesforce? or does it not work that way??

The mapping Address field value is Billing and that's where the address is, but I keep getting the error video for bad address.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
DAC11DAC11

I modified the accuracy setting and was able to locate a selection of addresses I was previously unable to locate. I had modified it when the problem first occoured so ruled it out as a fix, obvioulsy not low enough, so tried again at 4 and everything worked out.

thanks.

See answer here; https://sites.secure.force.com/success/questionDetail?qId=a1X30000000HvB3EAK

All Answers

ReidCReidC

Is this true both when you attempt to locate using the GeoCode tab as well as when you attempt to map using the link on the account page?  Although it should in theory work the exactly same as google maps, it's possible we're getting another error from the API that is affecting our ability to locate it.

DAC11DAC11

Yes it's true for both methods, the geocode tab, tell's me I'm Done and when i check the address, it says problem with Address.

I have put addresses that were found into this account and clicked locate account and it finds them but it just won't find this address.

Address removed

I even narrowed it down to the 'city, state' and then just the 'state' and it won't find it.Just gives the bad addresses video.

ReidCReidC

Can you email me the address in question so I can test on my Find Nearby?  Please send it to labs at salesforce dot com and I'll see what I can figure out.

DAC11DAC11

Hello ReidC,

I sent a mail to labs and was wondering if you had any ideas, or if there will be a new release soon? The app seems to be finding the addresses but just as soon as it does the bad address video appears.

Is there a limit on the number of addresses it can find?

Any info would be useful becasue it's a really helpful app other than this problem..

DAC11DAC11

I modified the accuracy setting and was able to locate a selection of addresses I was previously unable to locate. I had modified it when the problem first occoured so ruled it out as a fix, obvioulsy not low enough, so tried again at 4 and everything worked out.

thanks.

See answer here; https://sites.secure.force.com/success/questionDetail?qId=a1X30000000HvB3EAK

This was selected as the best answer