+ Start a Discussion
LloydSLloydS 

Case History app - URL No Longer Exists

I just installed the force.com Case History application. When I click on the Case History button within a case, I get a URL no longer exists message. Any clue?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
LloydSLloydS

Yep, that was the problem. I have a appexchange app that adds a namespace to the beginning of the URL. As a temporary workaround I changed the URL in the button to be the FQDN (without the namespace) and it works fine. Probably want to update the application though since I'm sure others will run into this issue. Thanks for the help.

All Answers

ReidCReidC

Just did a basic install using this app --

 

http://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000023SDeEAM

 

And was able to bring the case history button onto the page layout and see the page.  Then when I clicked it took me to the the correct VF page with the details about the page.

 

A couple of things you can try --

 

-- double check that the profile you're testing with has access to the VisualForce page -- that's the most likely culprit.

-- restart your browser and try again

-- let me know how it goes

 

LloydSLloydS

I confirmed that all profiles have access to the page in the security settings of the page itself. I've tried on 3 different browsers and cleared the cache. I"m still getting URL NO Longer Exists. An example of the link is:

 

https://e2cp.na7.visual.force.com/apex/CaseHistory?id=500A0000006XXXX

ReidCReidC

What's the e2cp prefix there I wonder.  Looks like a managed package namespace, but that's a guess.  The URL I see is this:

 

https://c.na1.visual.force.com/apex/CaseHistory?id=5003000000CXl3i

 

Can you do a manual substitution of simply "c" for the "e2cp" and see how that works?

LloydSLloydS

Yep, that was the problem. I have a appexchange app that adds a namespace to the beginning of the URL. As a temporary workaround I changed the URL in the button to be the FQDN (without the namespace) and it works fine. Probably want to update the application though since I'm sure others will run into this issue. Thanks for the help.

This was selected as the best answer
ChadMeyerChadMeyer

This URL issue is a common one that affects a lot of areas.  Basically if you are on a page that is part of a managed package and then try to navigate to a page that is not managed, you will likely run into this problem.  If I remember correctly, the URLFOR function doesn't even always return the correct URL.