function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ross JamesRoss James 

Find Nearby - Batch Process?

With a Google Maps Enterprise Key I am assuming we can then run batches? I have been asked if we could run a number of batch updates through the day to geolocate new records.

Would this be possible to run in Apex?

Iman.ax920Iman.ax920

Hi  Ross,

Yes - you can do that.  However, you would very quickly run into Google Limits. 

The reason is, that Google doesn't care what your "google key" is, they only look at the IP address of the request.  If the requests are coming from Apex - the IPs are Salesforce.com IPs.

All of the users- across any org - will all be consuming eachother's limits.  

This is actually how the previous version of the app use to work.  However, so many people used it, that it became virtually useless to everyone that wasn't fortunate enough to get the first 10k geocodes a day. 

You can do it, but you may (most likely will) hit limitations.

Ross JamesRoss James

Iman

Thanks for the information. Although I am a little perplexed as to what advantage the Enterprise Key (and its price tag) has, if it is only dependent on IP Address?

We have almost 2.5 million records to geocode - it doesn't sound like we can even pay our way around this one. We are currently limited to 2500 requests a day. What exactly does a Premium/Enterprise Key give you?