function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
voicesdotcomvoicesdotcom 

Why am I receiving this error when configuring a public knowledge base?

Hello,

We're new to Salesforce Knowledge and are looking to switch from our solutions-based FAQs to a Public Knowledge Base using the "Sample Public Knowledge Base for Salesforce Knowledge" found here:

http://appexchange.salesforce.com/reviews?listingId=a0N30000001gFH9EAM

After installation, I'm receiving this error on our help site (alpha testing).

Error: The PKB Site Setup is not configured correctly. Please verify that the category group name is correct and that the group is active.

Could someone please help explain what this means?

Thank you kindly,

David
Voices.com

etienne.giraudyetienne.giraudy

Hi,

The same question has been posted recently in Answers (http://success.salesforce.com/questionDetail?qId=a1X30000000Hy1VEAS).

Can you do the same double check on the configuration and confirm that everything seems OK?

Thanks

Etienne

CoreyMendelCoreyMendel

David,

Have you been able to get a solution to this? I am receiving the same error and have double checked the settings and confirmed that the configuration is correct based on the information in the Creating a Public Knowledge Base guide.

-Corey

SørenKrabbeSørenKrabbe

Hi,

Check the Site's profile settings. It might be that the Profile Category Group Visibility Settings are restricting access to the Categories you're trying to display.

Best

Søren Krabbe

SylverGSylverG

Hi,

where do I find the category group visibilty settings on the site profile?

Thx

SylverGSylverG

ah, found it...

in the enhanced profile interface this related list does not show...

when changing back to the old-style interface this does show and indeed the default visibiltiy of the site profile is different than the default one you put in the general data category section