function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sapthagiri_186sapthagiri_186 

Lead to Account Conversion in Professional Edition

Hi,

I have got Professional Edition. My requirement is :

A "Lead" has got multiple contacts and when converted to an "Account", all the available contacts for that particular "Lead" must come under that respective converted "Account". 

Regards

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Sapthagiri, 

The Lead is actually treated as 1 Potential Contact and an Account - currently there is no possibility that a Lead can have multiple contacts. 

You may use multiple Leads with the Single Account Name which when converted get Assocciated with the New or Existing Account. 

However if you have many Contacts Associated with that single lead you may bulk import using data loader or Import wizard with Different Contact names on the Lead object but the Same Account name. 

Regards,

Ashish

Hi,

If I create 2 or more child objects under Lead object(Standard Object). Is there any possibility of getting the records of these child objects into Accounts once the respective Lead is converted to an Account.

Eg. If Lead A has got x1 & x2 as its child objects and when Lead A is converted to Account, then will x1 & x2 be carried to Account A.

Note: All this is in Professional Edition.

Regards

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Sapthagiri, 

The Lead conversion to Account and Contact is a standard feature and cannot be replicated by creating another custom Object. 

I believe the best way is to use x number of leads for x number of contacts and use the same single 1 one account even in leads. 

Here the Account can be a;ready existing one as well not necessary that it has to be converted only - you may create the Accounts seperately and add the leads with the existing account name.

Regards,

Ashish

I get you in this perspective. 

But my requirement is such that, for example, if there are 2 custom objects (Suppliers and Customers) which are child objects for a Lead (Test Lead). Now if I convert this Lead (Test Lead), will the data in its child objects (Suppliers and Customers) also be carried into the respective converted Account (Test Account). 

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Sapthagiri, 

You may create the custom objects, but the default relationship between Lead and Account is Lookup with Account is one to many leads. 

The default behavior of Converting a lead to an account and contact is not available for the custom objects. 

Regards,

Ashish