function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Subbu'sSubbu's 

Problem in Email Service

Hii everybody ,

I was created an Inbound Email service which creates a custom object record in my org .

The Email sevice is working fine for the domains gmail and yahoo . But when i send a mail from our  company domain thaEmail Service  is not working ..can anybody help me  to find what the problem is ?(Its not even showing any logs )

Did i need to set any SMTP port settings for our domain?

Thanx to everyone in advance.

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Subbu,

Is the email getting any bounce back when sending to the salesforce generated email address?
Did you check the settings on the Setup below:
Setup | Personal Setup | Email | My Email to Salesforce | Email Associations | Excluded Domains

Regards,
Ashish

Subbu'sSubbu's

@Ashish,

Thanks for your post.

I am currently working with developer sandbox so i was not have option of My Email to salesforce.

From our domain the deliverability status is showing as success , but  the mail is not bouncing back. Now I am doing a big search where that mail was blocked.

Can you let me know any are  there any domain settings need to set up ?

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Subbu,

Setup | Personal Setup | Email | My Email to Salesforce

in the list called 'My Acceptable Email Addresses'

Users must make sure this list includes all addresses they will add emails from. This problem can happen when Salesforce customers have more than one corporate domain (eg, @acme.com vs @acmeinc.com), and they have been set up in Salesforce with a domain different from the domain used by their Outlook/Exchange Server.

http://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewSolution?id=000004180&language=en_US

Regards,
Ashish

pigginsbpigginsb

I've found that there are two places to enter email addresses that are cleared to send messages to the service, one is on the main email service screen, and the other is found by clicking the "Edit" link next the email address. The sender's email addresses or domains should be entered in both locations.