function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Federico LarsenFederico Larsen 

Pocket PC

Hi everybody, I would like to run the AJAX Tookit on a Pocket PC 2003 which has an IE thats supports AJAX, i tryied to run a stand-alone html page with de sforceClient.js but It doesn´t work, even doe the browser supports AJAX.

Do you think that modifying the Toolkit to runs on Pocket PC would be a lot of work, or just a couple of hacks?

Thanks a lot for your help.

ps: i tryed the stand-alone html page and works ok on my desktop over IE and Firefox.
ps2: It does runs on Mozilla minimo neither on the Pocket PC.
Sorry my english ...

corrections:

...", even doe the browser supports AJAX."... -->  eventhough the browser supports AJAX.

..."ps2: It does runs on Mozilla minimo neither on the Pocket PC."... --> ps2: It does NOT runs on Mozilla minimo neither on the Pocket PC
adamgadamg
In so far as the browser on the Pocket PC is close (really close) to the Javascript and HTTPRequest object capabilties of IE6, then you should be ok - but something makes me think that its not..
DevAngelDevAngel
Why would paste the whole js code into the html?  Can't you link to it like you should?

I would not be suprised if there are variations on the httprequest object for the various mobile browsers.  Do you think pocket pc uses the same msxml and activex as IE for the desktop?

hi Dave, why did I paste de code?  because I have problems to link the js on the Pocket PC, as the the page is not hosted on a server, It is sotred locally. So I have one stand-alone html file to interact with SF from the PPC.

The XMLHTTPRequest is not the main problem i works fine, i found differences in XML parsing.

I am writting a toolkit ajax, based from other toolkit written in my company in the past that works on the PPC and adding features of the Toolkit AJAX of salesforce ... until PPC browsers can run the Toolkit AJAX of salesforce.

If theres anybody interested in porting the Toolkit AJAX of salesforce to the PPC browsers please contact me...

Best Regards

Federico