function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sbasba 

email

I would like to send a cutom email from the S-control using from Contact fields, Is there a way to do this? I am realtively new to s-controls.

Ron HessRon Hess
the normal "send email" button should work for the function you describe, you can pick / create a template and send using fields found on that contact.

perhaps i mis-understood your requirements / use case, why use an S-Control for this ?
sbasba

Thank you very much for the reply.

We have a custom portal where we want our customers(contacts) to come to log cases or to do the registartion to use ou products. Portal does lot of functions, depening on Cutomers service level. I have used the API to create this.

Reason for s-control is, I need to update some custom fields in the Contact records based on the e-mail sent to contacts. I have created an s-control and using a custom link on the Contact page to call this.

Now, after some serach in this forums, I figured how to used the standard emailauthor.jsp to send the email after updating my fields thru s-control. And for now, it is working the way I want it to be.