function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SajithSajith 

Time spent for cases

In my orgonization , a sungle support cases can be handled by multple people,like tier1, tier2 , engineerin support etc. I would to get an idea on how much time each people spend on each cases. The idea i am thinking is when ever a CSR update the case comment they should be entering the time spent and the type of  the task he/she did. This way for the same case I will have a history of the time spend. Thus I can get the exact time.

I created a master detail relation ship for tracking this. The problem is that I cannot attach that to the case comment, because case comments are not customizable. Ideally I want to make mandatory when they enter case comments.

Any one colved this problem. One idea I have is to use s-control to popup this time spend dialog when people enter case comments and update the case with that information. I do not have any experience in writing s-control.

Any clues how to write this? Any one better idea?

joe-kizayjoe-kizay

Sajith

The only solution I can think of is creating an s-control and accessing it as a custom link on the Case. The s-control should have a similar UI as the Add Case Comment screen and on save you will have to create the Case Comment and then do your calculations on time spent by team. Make this the required workflow for creating comments.

To do the calculations on time spent by team(Tier) you would have to query the Case History object. You would have to calculate the time between the create date and the time that "team" field was modified. The only question I come up with is what if the case gets escalated to a different team more than once? Meaning, what if a case is opened today, escalated to Tier II tomorrow and then Tier III the next day? How do you plan on displaying something like that in a single field?

Lastly, Im not really sure why you need this? Is it for reporting? Or is it necessary to see this value at the case level? If it is just for reporting, you may want to look into the case history report. It may not give you exactly what you want but you may be able to derive a workaround for your problem. Good luck.

JT