function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RWC Jr.ax150RWC Jr.ax150 

SControl - variation on contactroleedit.jsp

How would one create a SControl that behaves similar to contractroleedit.jsp to be used on/with custom object?

Using the Project/Issues Management  application available on  Appexchange as an example -  is it possible to create sControl that would allow for choosing multiple contacts/users, designate their role, signify the primary and save back to custom object - similar to 'Team Members' ?

I have looked at the myriad of AppExchange app's that have lookup funtionality (Mass Task, Quote, etc..) but have not been able to get my versions to work as I'd like. Any help would be much appreciated.

Ron HessRon Hess
this is possible, but it's a fair bit of work as you need to query contacts and users, put them into picklists, then make a few calls to add these to the custom object , you may need a "join" object to hold the contact / user's relation to the custom object, and then set one to be primary.

i'd give this a 4 out of 5  on the AJAX/Javascript dificulity scale, that said i think it can be done.

if you are having problems debugging javascript , i've found the recently updated firefox extension "FireBug" to now come with a full source debugger, very nice!

RWC Jr.ax150RWC Jr.ax150
Thanks Ron. Just installed Firebug, very nice. I'll do some more work and if I get it working will post it.