function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
A. TanasescuA. Tanasescu 

Button & Checkbox help

Hi,

I have already searched the forums for an answer to my question, but I couldn't find any.

Say I have added a custom link on the Accounts tab, called 'Transfer'. I have also added a new checkbox in the 'account information' group, called 'Was transferred'. Whenever my user clicks on 'Transfer' while viewing an account (not editing it), I would also like the checkbox to get checked automatically. Is this feasible ?

Thank you,
Andrei

Message Edited by A. Tanasescu on 01-18-2008 09:29 AM
gmc74gmc74

Hi Andrei,

You can do this using a URL

Above is a link I use for taking a case, the idea is similar, but for you it would be the Account ID (where I have Case.ID), and then the field you want to check = 1 (I believe that will give you a check mark, view the source in edit mode to get the form field name), and at the end add the &save=1, which essentially edits the field then saves it and returns you back to the same screen

A. TanasescuA. Tanasescu
Thanks for your answer.

I have https://na2.salesforce.com/{!Account.Id}/e—retURL=%2F{!Account.Id}&cas7=00N70000001tsmp&save=1

but I'm not sure about the cas7=00N70000001tsmp part : the ID after the = sign is the checkbox's ID. What is cas7, though? That request didn't work for me.

gmc74gmc74
cas7 was a field on my screen, I think you need -

that would be your field (00N70000001tsmp) = 1 (which is true)