function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Deepakn12Deepakn12 

From where i can get complete s-control specification

I am new to s-control. Actually i want to know is there any guide or online documentation where where we can find all the available function we can use in s-control. Like we have sfdc API document which we can use with java or any other language. I remember when in initial stage of s-control there was complete online documentation for s-contol, where we can find all the available functions with each object like DynaBean.
I found there is a small guide on s-control but that doesnt include complete specification.
It would be great if someone can help me in this regard.
Thx.
Deepak
Greg HGreg H
Are you looking for the AJAX documentation?
-greg
sfdcfoxsfdcfox
All of the available S-Control "functions" (i.e. RequireScript(), GetRecordIds(), etc) is all located in the Help & Training window. You may use any function that is not specifically ear-marked for certain locatins (i.e. PriorValue() only works mid-transaction, so it is limited to Workflows).
Deepakn12Deepakn12

yes. i have found a guide for this but it doesnt cover evrything like all the objects available and all the properties associated with objects. Like we have for Java and .Net different API. Same thing i want for s-control.

Regards,

Deepak.

sfdcfoxsfdcfox
I'd have state that S-Controls are not fully documented by themselves, as there is no single document that you can read in order to understand the full scope of what features are available. That stated, they are fully explorable in the sense that all of the documentation exists.

You'll need to consider the following documentation:

http://wiki.apexdevnet.com/index.php/Web_Services_API - the API documentation, and the documentation for your intended toolkit (AJAX, Flex, etc). Also there are example snippets available to view and copy.
http://dojotoolkit.org/ - The DOJO tookit hosted by Salesforce.
Help & Training - for S-Control and custom link formula/field merge fields.
The community forums - For answers to everything else the documentation isn't clear about.

S-Controls are designed to be "whatever you want them to be", so the full range of possibilities aren't exactly covered in one place. You'll need to consider all the documentation in order to understand the full range of capabilities. The formula merge field part covers merge fields, while the API documentation covers the object relationship, query language, etc, and the toolkit documentation covers the syntax for toolkits.
Deepakn12Deepakn12

Thx for ur valuable help.

Regards,

Deepak.