function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BlueCloudBlueCloud 

iOS App for Salesforce.com

Apple rejeted our  native iPad app for Salesforce.com, citing that the app is tryign to use purchasing/subscription mechanisms.  Below is the sumamry of the review response.

"11.13 :We found that your app provides access to external mechanisms for purchases or subscriptions to be used in the app, which is not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines."

Basically they are poiting to the Salesforce.com oAuth login dialogue that pops up when the app startsup.

We are in the process of appealing to the apple app review board saying that this app is intended for users that are already have valid salesforce.com licenses. 

I think this reveiew guideline is mainly for content publishers like magazines and not for apps that are built around SaaS platforms like Salesforce.com, but the guideline is not very clear. There is a lot of discussion around this topic on the web. http://gigaom.com/apple/jobs-new-in-app-subscription-rules-just-for-publishers/. 

If Apple decides  to enforce this guideline strictkly, then th ewhole iOS Mobile SDK for Salesforfce.com will be of no use and there won't be any iOS apps for Salesforce.com in future. 

We are waiting for Apple review board to respond to our appeal. But, I am curious if anyone else have goen thru similar issue and what Salesforce.com's take on this. 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
BlueCloudBlueCloud

Nope. Not much. Just clarified that it's a SaaS based app and not a content purchase/subscription. We were asked to remove the URL links to app exchange listings from the app dewscription. That's all!

All Answers

MattLacey.ax1065MattLacey.ax1065

As far as I've seen in the past, if Apple consider something to be against their guidelines then you don't stand much chance, but then the Salesforce apps are available which are basically the same thing.

There is still a use for the iOS Mobile SDK in that you can use it for enterprise distribution internally within a company (although that company needs to be large to qualify for Apple's Enterprise Development scheme. The other way of distributing the app is via ad-hoc builds, but of course you're limited to 100 devices.

I wish you all the best though, can imagine what a frustration it would be to get stuck at this stage!

BlueCloudBlueCloud

Just got approved!!!  'ForceMob', an iPad app for Salesforce.com http://itunes.apple.com/app/forcemob/id490676092

Congratulations! Did you need much of an argument other than "we're not selling subscriptions?"

BlueCloudBlueCloud

Nope. Not much. Just clarified that it's a SaaS based app and not a content purchase/subscription. We were asked to remove the URL links to app exchange listings from the app dewscription. That's all!

This was selected as the best answer

Weird — given that your app exchange listing just links back to them you think they wouldn't mind, but ho-hum. I suggest marking your previous post as the solution for anybody else who runs into the Apple police!

BlueCloudBlueCloud

BTW, here is some info on the app:

ForceMob is available on Apple App Store:- http://itunes.apple.com/app/forcemob/id490676092

App Exchange Listing: http://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N30000005tws2EAA

ForceMob is an iPad app for Salesforce.com users. It enables the mobile users access and manage Salesforce data like Events,Tasks,Accounts, Contacts, Leads,Opportunities, Cases, Campaigns and any other custom objects using their iPad.

In order to use this app, you need to have a valid Salesforce.com login account.

Key Features:-

- Search, Update, Add and Delete data for all Salesforce objects 

- Supports Custom Fields and Objects configured on Salesforce

- Easier navigation thru the relationships between different objects

- Events Calendar and Task Management

- Integration with Maps, Email, Skype and Chatter.

- Attach Voice Notes and Photos to Salesforce objects.

ForceMob is a secure app and does not store any data on the device. It uses oAuth , a security protocol that Salesforce recommends.

ForceMob works with all editions of Salesforce.com including Contact Manager, Group, Professional, Enterprise and Unlimited.

ForceMob passed the security review by Salesforce and is listed on their App Exchange.

SoleesSolees

I have a question, how can you make API calls to Contact Manager, Group and Professional, its there some key i need? and where can i configure that?

thanks