function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
vulcanccitvulcanccit 

SFDC Template is not showing up in Xcode

I did the .install.sh  it shows I had a successful build, but at the end it did have a section that says build unsuccessful warning that it could not find the file libsbjson-ios.a to copy

it seems to also have errors (but it did not show the errors) on lines 214, 222, 40 and 58

I ran the git clone and the install twice.

what am I missing?

I am on xcode 4.1 (show as 4.1 in About Xcode, but the Itune store shows I have 4.21 installed)  and on osx Lion

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
vulcanccitvulcanccit

ok, I think I am ok now...I went in as another user, ran the git and the install and it succeeded, but ofcourse it installed the SalesforceSDK folder under that user.  I deleted the same folder under MY user and copied the folder from the other user to my user.  the Hybrid Force.com app still was not in my templates so I closed xcode ran install yet again and now the only error it has is

BUILD FAILED

/Users/ccisat1cjc/SalesforceMobileSDK-IOS/hybrid/SampleApps/VFConnector/sfd_build/build.xml:35 /Users/ccisat1cjc/SalesforceMobileSDK-iOS/hybrid/SampleApps/VFConnector/build does not exist

but I now see the Hybrid Force.com App in my Application Templates.   I think the build error might be related to I have my builds redirected to another folder so I can use the Source control.  I hope this helps others.

Thank you for the link to the other thread!

All Answers

Kevin HawkinsKevin Hawkins

Could you give some snippets of the errors that you're seeing from the install script?  The only other issue I've seen where libjson-ios.a didn't get built was in this thread, which ultimately was caused by some state issues with the developer's Xcode environment.

You may try updating your Xcode to the latest version, and/or taking some of the state clearing measures suggested in the linked thread.

Hope this helps,

Kevin

vulcanccitvulcanccit

Kevin, it is almost identical to that thread's issue.  I am about to try the "Create new user, build, install" and see what happens.  what I dont know is if my original user will still be able to be used with Xcode.

vulcanccitvulcanccit

ok, I think I am ok now...I went in as another user, ran the git and the install and it succeeded, but ofcourse it installed the SalesforceSDK folder under that user.  I deleted the same folder under MY user and copied the folder from the other user to my user.  the Hybrid Force.com app still was not in my templates so I closed xcode ran install yet again and now the only error it has is

BUILD FAILED

/Users/ccisat1cjc/SalesforceMobileSDK-IOS/hybrid/SampleApps/VFConnector/sfd_build/build.xml:35 /Users/ccisat1cjc/SalesforceMobileSDK-iOS/hybrid/SampleApps/VFConnector/build does not exist

but I now see the Hybrid Force.com App in my Application Templates.   I think the build error might be related to I have my builds redirected to another folder so I can use the Source control.  I hope this helps others.

Thank you for the link to the other thread!

This was selected as the best answer