function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ciMagicciMagic 

Hybrid App OAuth

I'm developing a Hybrid App to work with the Web App on the appexchange.  The Hybrid App will be available in iTunes.  My question is in regards to Consumer Key and Redirect URL.  The Hybrid template from the workbook fills in the Consumer Key and Redirect URL.  However it must be changed to the Remote Access object settings from a Production org.  Since I'm the developer, I don't  know the Production org of the end user.  It also seems to me that the Consumer Key and Redirect URL must be hardcoded in the Hybrid App so can't even ask the end user to activate thier Remote Access to fill in the Key and URL.

Can I use the Remote Access from the Developer org instead of Production org?  If I do that, will the installable Hybrid App still be able to access web app?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Tom GersicTom Gersic

The Remote Access information from the Developer org will allow you log in to a Production org, yes.

All Answers

Tom GersicTom Gersic

The Remote Access information from the Developer org will allow you log in to a Production org, yes.

This was selected as the best answer
Gaurav KheterpalGaurav Kheterpal

+1 on using the remote Access information from the Developer org. I use it in my app (that's already live on App Store) and it works well.

I hope that helps.

Regards,
Gaurav