function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JeffKahsenJeffKahsen 

Workflow rules based on value changes

I'm wondering how I can execute workflow rules not necessarily based on the existence of a value in a particular field but on the CHANGE of a field value.

For example, I change the solution from Draft to Reviewed. How do I build a workflow rule that will execute only when the solution is updated from something other than "Reviewed" to "Reviewed"?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Jeff
dhruvadhruva
Try blanking it first. I've noticed that the Workflow Rules didn't trigger when I went from one non-blank string to another.
QuantumMechanicQuantumMechanic
We've done a workflow rule/alert notification on a custom field for sales engineering.

High level snapshot:

If an SE is required on an opportunity the account executive selects from a custom pic-list yes, no, tbd. If YES is selected a workflow rule is triggered and an email is sent out to an SE group, or a specific SE if one is selected in another area.

Basically you need to create a workflow rule where field = some value. "some value" is the change you were refereing to.
ScotScot
Hello Jeff ...

Luckily, what you've described is the default behavior ...
If your rule is:
field = "Reviewed"
The rule will trigger when the field is changed from any value other than "Reviewed" to "Reviewed".

Scot