function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AmiableAmiable 

Google scraping fails.....sometimes

We are using the google maps and they work for the most part. Some queries will pull contacts from our db but fail to map. When I look at the diag window I see a message similar to the one below.........

"Skipping geocoding of Ben Frnaklin due to error from google scraping."

I have looked at the contacts that fail and don't see anything different about them. They all have the correct fields of info with no blanks or wierd characters. I have even tried to copy the info out of SF and directly into the google maps linkm, and it maps correctly! Is there any way to see additional info about the scraping process or figure out what is wrong? The contacts that fail seem to be consistent but unremarkable.

Thanks!!
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
darozdaroz
I had to alter some of my scraping code from them about a week or so ago... Apparently the format changed slightly for addresses that don't score a perfect match.

All Answers

darozdaroz
I had to alter some of my scraping code from them about a week or so ago... Apparently the format changed slightly for addresses that don't score a perfect match.
This was selected as the best answer
AmiableAmiable

daroz wrote:

Can you tell me what you had to change and where I can find details on scraping in general?
DevAngelDevAngel
I would recommend not scraping the google searches. Instead you should replace that geocoding portion with a valid geocoding service.
AmiableAmiable
Ouch.....Any suggestions on a service and how to use it?
benjasikbenjasik
Check out www.strikeiron.com or www.ontok.com, both have fairly inexpensive services