function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ppatppat 

How to show field from Account into Opportunity View ??

I have a field called "Division Type" under account view. I would like to show SAME FIELD on opportunity view without duplicating data or field.

is there a way to achieve this ??

Thanks

Pat

ScotScot

Good question ... I'd like to know too.

My (related?) problem is producing a View for opportunities which has Division Type = some value. We can do this in a report, but not in a view.

ppatppat

Scot,

Thats exactly is the intention. Creating opportunity view based on account field. lets see what experts has to say.

Pat

ppatppat

This is the repsonse I recieved from Salesforce Suppport.

"The mapping ability that you refer to is actually a "feature request" for a future release. Web link to the account will defeats the purpose. You could re-create the same fields on the opportunity, or you could train users to click on the account name in the opportunity to get more information about the account."

ScotScot

Thanks for sharing the response, though my response to it is Yuck.

I'm not sure what to make of the comment:
"Web link to the account will defeats the purpose"?

I can accept that we can't do it today, and that it is a feature request, but
The workarounds proposed don't solve the problem...

> Clicking on the account name isn't good: this is a screening of the opportunities .. we're not there yet.
     > Duplicating the fields in the opportunity is a lot of effort ... particularly when you (as I do) would need to duplicate several fields.

My current solution is a report, which can screen on fields in the Account as well as the Opportunity. I wish I could place a link to it on the Opportunities page.

The_FoxThe_Fox
Hi Guys,

My idea

If you could have some mouseover and call a sforce control from the mouseover on web link you can have a sort of tooltip appearing on screen and you will query the info with XML http request in javascript

I don't know if this is feasible for the mouseover a weblink but maybe to try
RupRup
A salesforce.com consultant once customized one of our screens with an "href" HTML link written in the header text of a section in the related objects part of a Case page; I suppose you might be able to do this with a custom section on the object itself. The HTML link would point to a WebLink.

Rup