function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
J_HinderJ_Hinder 

To the AJAX Beta team

This kicks butt. Thanks much!
DevAngelDevAngel
Thanks Joe.

Wait till you see beta3. I'm adding data binding, describeLayout support and widgets like combo box, multiselect picklist, date pickers and maybe, if I can get the bugs worked out a basic edit grid.

You will be able to do things like iterate the query result and bind the fields to form elements with a simple call like queryResult.records[i].getItem("LastName").bind(document.getElementById("txtLastName"). This will hook the on change event of the txtLastName field and cause the Dynabean to be updated (not persisted) as the user moves from field to field.

Also I'm considering a custom element attribute that you can use to decorate your form fields with that will allow a Dynabean to bind itself. So that you create a tag like <input afBind="LastName">. Then you get your dynabean, either from retrieve or query and call the bind method.

var bean = sforceClient.Query("Select Id, LastName From Contact Where Id = 'asdlk'");
bean.bind();

All the properly decorated form fields will then be bound to the bean and the values will be set according to what was pulled from the web service. You will even have the option of replacing your "place-holder" form fields with appropriate widgets like the date picker and so on.

Stay tuned.

Message Edited by DevAngel on 10-28-2005 01:55 PM

J_HinderJ_Hinder
Sounds cool to me. 'Course, I'd sacrifice it all if I could do joins in my SQL syntax...

Not a big deal, really, as most of the work I do with sforce is in .Net and I can do it at the Business Logic layer pretty easily with ADO, but for AJAX stuff, the only way I've come to terms with it is to work with multiple arrays. Ick.

Hmm... maybe I should create generic sforce dataobject that would be similar to what I can do with ADO datasets...
thardinthardin
I'm drooling....

AJAX and the SF AJAX library is the killer feature for the future of SF as it provides the ability for far richer U.I. experiences.

Kudos to the team.

More, More, More - please, please, please.

Todd Hardin,
Customer Systems Inc.