function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DotNetDevilDotNetDevil 

Partner Role Issue!!

Hi,

My problem is with giving rights to my salesreps to view Partners roles in opportunity via API (for an integrated application (based on API 5.0 Partner in c#). I assigned "View all Data" permission to the salesreps's profile in administrative permission section. It works for the API based application, but it will be compromising the role security as assigning this permission will also make Leads, Opportunity,  Cases and other entities public.

Please suggest me other way for accessing partner via APIs, or other wise if I can manage to Assign "View all Data" permission without compromising role security.

I already have spent lot of time on this issue,  a fast help will be appreciated

Regards,

Gagan

benjasikbenjasik
We know we need to work on this issue so you can query these without the view all data.

Please log a case in your SFDC account so I can track this against the feature request.

Thanks.
VikasVikas

Will the "View All Data" overwrite the Organization Security and security induced by creating a Role Hierarchy?

I think it should not, please confirm.

Thanks,

benjasikbenjasik
View all data lets you see anything. Therefore, if you are my boss, but I have view all data, I can still see your records.

Modify all data lets you modify any records.

These are very powerful permissions, use them cautiously
timytimy
Benji:

We just ran into this with an sControl with a large customer. Have we had any progress toward changing this? Yes, I have logged a feature request case within our clients environment.

Tim Youngblood
Bluewolf Group
New York