function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RRojoRRojo 

attaching an email through sforce control (javascript)

I've created an sforce control to generate quotes based on opportunity information. I've gotten as far as creating the word document out of a mail merge template, create an activity to say the quote has been created, and open up the browser to the new email page using an email template. The thing I want to do now is turn that document into an email attachment. How can I do that????

This is the link I'm using to open up the email:

window.top.location =  '/email/author/emailauthor.jsp?retURL=/' + Opportunity_ID + '&what_id=' + Opportunity_ID + '&who_id=' + Contact_ID + '&template_id=' + email_Template_Id

Help!

Rod

markcpcmarkcpc
Rod

Did you happen to make any headway with this?

Thanks
Mark
java devjava dev
Hi ,

May I know how you implemented mail merger fucntionality?
& can i get that mail merge template document on tumusudheer@yahoo.co.in.?

Beacuse, I have to custom objects  One is Quotes & another is Quote lines which is having mastre relationship with quotes. A quote may consists
 of one or many quote lines.
Using salesforce mail merge, I am getting quote fields are replaced but not quotelines fileds. There may be so many quote lines, So i dont know how to iterate over all the quotelines fields.

Can u send me the mail merger templates to solve my problem?

Thank you.
java devjava dev
We have created a custom object for quotes and have linked another custom object to that called quotes lines.
I am attempting to print this template via the mail merge and it works beautifully for the quote custom object but will not bring over the "Sub custom object" which is quote lines.
may be iam missing the template fields to replace quote lines , becacuse a quote  have one or more quote lines. So i have to iterate over the quote lines fields.

can I get the template document for replacing quotes & quote lines?

Can u solve my problem?

Thank you.