function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mprattmpratt 

Error upon importing - PLEASE HELP!

Hello all. New data loader user here.

I am trying to import 1000 leads into salesforce, and I'm using data loader so that I can specify them to a specific record type (titled: "Instant Networks Lead")
I created a column in my csv called record type, and put Instant Networks Lead in each row. I then mapped that column to Lead Record Type.
Upon import, however, I get the following error message: Record Type ID: id value of incorrect type: Instant Networks Lead
and then NONE of my leads are successfully imported.
How can I get this to work in my favor? PLEASE HELP ME SOMEONE! The salesforce helpdesk said they cannot provide me with ApEx assisstance, they could only refer to sforce.com.

Thank you - I will bake brownies for the person who guides me along, as I am under a deadline to get these leads in!!!!

Thank you again, Melyssa
EnderEnder
Hi Melyssa,

Unfortunately, you need the ID of the record type, not the name.  Yes, it is a bit unituitive. 

The easiest way to get the ID is to go to Setup, then navigate to the View screen of the record type by clicking on its name.  In the URL at the top of the browser, you'll notice a part that has "&id=" .  After this is the ID.  The record type ID should start with "0123"  as in "0123000000000di".  Make sure you grab all 15 characters, and then put that in your column.

-Lexi