function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Winsoft Tech.Winsoft Tech. 

How to upload .js file

How can  I upload my own .js file on salesforce.com and how to use it in Custom s-control.
I want to upload that .js file for displaying data in the grid from database.
jf317820jf317820
Upload the .js file as a document, then simply reference the document Id in your script declaration.

Code:
<script src="/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=[document Id here]"></script>

Greg HGreg H
I add the js code as an sControl and then reference the sControl in a script tag at the top of the document.  This eliminates anyone seeing it in the documents folder.

Code:

<script src="/servlet/servlet.Integration?lid={sControlId}" type="text/javascript"></script>

Hope this helps,
-greg
Ron HessRon Hess
you can also create an scontrol of type "Snippet" and load your JS file there, and include it from any other scontrol
Philip_FPhilip_F

Since this thread is still one of the top responses in a search for including a .js file in an S-Control, I thought I would contribute my thoughts on the best practice for doing so.

Building on Ron's suggestion, create a new S-Control of type "Snippet" and paste your javascript code in the snippet.  Be sure to wrap your JS code in the script tags as below:

<script type="text/javascript">

// My Javascript Code

</script>

After that, you can easily include your new S-Control by name using an "INCLUDE".  For example, if I named my new  Snippet S-Control "FooJS", I would do the include in my S-Controls using the included JS as follows:

{! INCLUDE($SControl.FooJS)}

I believe this is superior to the approaches using a document ID or sControlID because it will work in both Sandbox and production orgs without updating the IDs.

Cheers,

-Philip

magdielhfmagdielhf

Hi, I'm trying to get somthing like this to work 

http://community.salesforce.com/t5/General-Development/using-JS-from-static-resource-from-onclick-javascript-on-custom/m-p/180187/highlight/false#M41036

and already try this solution but it doesn't work at all,

any ideas ?