function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SeannoSeanno 

Need to know terminology for writing button

I'm trying to make a button to change a field in an Opportunity.  I need to know where to find the field labels that I so commonly see in the buttons I already have like "opp11, opp9, opp10" etc.  Where do I find this list so I can use the "&opp??="text" function in my code.  Here's an example of a similar button but all I need to do is change the field label on the 3rd line below.  Thanks.

/{!Opportunity.Id}/e?
save=1
&opp11="Closed Won"
&retURL=%2F{!Opportunity.Id}

A list of these field labels would be helpful...

Sean

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
RpeeRpee

This is undocumented and unsupported, so you're not going to find this list anywhere. The best way to find these values is to do a "view source" in your browser so you can see the code. Do this when you are in the "Edit" mode on a record you want to get the values for. Do a search for the field label and the id should be somewhere to the left of the label. Custom fields are going to be designated by their 15 character Id, lookup fields will also have a CF in front of the Id and should reference the lookup Name in CF15charId and Id in CF15charId_lkid. 

All Answers

RpeeRpee

This is undocumented and unsupported, so you're not going to find this list anywhere. The best way to find these values is to do a "view source" in your browser so you can see the code. Do this when you are in the "Edit" mode on a record you want to get the values for. Do a search for the field label and the id should be somewhere to the left of the label. Custom fields are going to be designated by their 15 character Id, lookup fields will also have a CF in front of the Id and should reference the lookup Name in CF15charId and Id in CF15charId_lkid. 

This was selected as the best answer
SeannoSeanno

Thanks for the tip, appreciate it.