function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Karthik RajanKarthik Rajan 

How to Create Sub-Tab under Tabs(Custom objects)

Hi,

Had a query.How should we approach in creating Sub-Tabs under tabs(Custom Objects) in Salesforce.

e.g:Something like instead of sections i would like to implement sub-tabs under each Tabs.

Like Under "Customer"  Tab
     would like to add sub -tabs "Contact","Address Details","Bandk Details" like this.

is there a way using  Salesforce API.

Regards,
Karthik Rajan
michaelforcemichaelforce

This could be accomplished with a web tab, but it would not be trivial.  You would have to write the HTML and Javascript that would display the tabs and update the content of the page appropriately when those tabs are clicked.

You may also want to simply add an in-line s-control to your (in this example) customer page layout.  Here again though you would have to write the HTML and Javascript.

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the update.

Is there any sample code with example related to web tab is there.If yes is it possible to share.

Regards,

Karthik Rajan

cheenathcheenath
You can use DOJO Tab widget. You can find an example here:

http://archive.dojotoolkit.org/nightly/tests/widget/test_TabContainer.html

AJT_tab scontrol in Ajax tools also use dojo tabs. This is a good example of
how to use dojo tabs from scontrol.

HTHs,

PBS_IC786PBS_IC786

What is the architecture of this in setup with Eclipse?  I want to use dojo but I am not sure where I have to place the files and how they will correspond to the references when on salesforce...If someone can please explain how dojo should be installed in my local pc and how it will work on salesforce after I build scontrols using it in Eclipse, that would be greatly appreciated...

I see this in your code but I need to understand how the scontrol can reference it on salesforce...

<script type="text/javascript" src="../../dojo.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
 dojo.require("dojo.widget.TabContainer");
 dojo.require("dojo.widget.Tooltip");
 dojo.require("dojo.widget.LinkPane");
 dojo.require("dojo.widget.ContentPane");
 dojo.require("dojo.widget.Button");
</script>

cheenathcheenath
You can point to the DOJO installed on salesforce.com, by
using the following script include:

<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/dojo/0.3.1/dojo.js"></script>

Hi ,

Thanks a Ton.It works when added to Custom Links as S-Control.

I had a query w.r.t to this.Suppose i want to pass the session as well as the parameter come value to these new window where the page shows sub-tab.How should we do about.

Example:Sending the session details as well as the contact id when the end user clicks the custom link(in which this sub-tab is added as S-Control) so to get other details(which are as sub-tabs in new child window) related to that Contact ID .

Regards,

Karthik Rajan

yesb@gmail.comyesb@gmail.com

Karthik,

I am a newbie for force.com world. Would you mind explaining the process of creating sub-tabs for custom objects/tables, step by step please? One of my developed tried following the above instructions and it did not work I believe and he says it's complex. Appreciate your help.

yesB