function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
lesanglesang 

How to deploy S-Control on SalesForce site?

Hi All,

I have created an S-Control. The purpose of this control is show Sessions of any contact. ContactId and UserId is data input.
How to get ContactId,UserId?
I should embed my S-Control inside Contact detail page? or ther?
If I choose embeded control then how to embed this S-Control?
Apart from design mode (in Page Layout, drag and drop S-Control into form), I have another way to deploy my S-Control?

Help me,

Thanks so much.
werewolfwerewolf
You can embed your Scontrol in the Contact page by editing the Contact Page Layout in Setup.  To get fields from that page use merge fields (look that up in the docs for more info on it).
lesanglesang
Hi wolf,

My application is designed for variety of end user. So how to deploy my application for end user? Now, I have not found any solution to solve this issue. Please help me.

Thanks so much.
jrotensteinjrotenstein
S-Controls can only be:
  • Deployed in an existing page, by dragging it into the Page Layout, or
  • By making a Web Tab that uses the S-Control
It is not possible to deploy S-Controls outside of the Salesforce.com environment (eg on your own web server or via Web Service).
lesanglesang
Hi, stein

I see. So what is the solution for me? As my application's description, I need to integrate some features into salesforce. I have variety of end user who want to use these features in salesforce. As you said, I must create a guide for end user? or other ways?

Thanks so much.
werewolfwerewolf
Yes, there is a simple answer here.  Just use the Packaging functionality to make it into an AppExchange Package.  Then your end user can just install it to his org.  For more information search on the word "Package" in Help & Training.
werewolfwerewolf
That said, you can't make your package install a piece to the Contact page layout, because the packaging system doesn't want to screw all its customers' layouts.  You will still have to include a deployment guide telling your end users how to put the Scontrol in their layouts once the package is installed.
pankaj.kumar@sfd.compankaj.kumar@sfd.com

by help of this...make VF page and save ...

mey be it's help you on ur work....

<apex:page standardController="Contact" action="Onload">
   <apex:actionSupport event="OnLoad"/>

<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/functions.js"></script>
    <script src="/soap/ajax/11.1/connection.js"></script>

<body onload="javascript&colon;init();">        
     </body>
    <script language="javascript">
           window.onload = new function() {
                     alert('1234567');

};

</script>

</apex:page> <script src="/js/functions.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/soap/ajax/11.1/connection.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript">// window.onload = new function() { alert('1234567'); }; // </script>