function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tennvoltennvol 

Survey Force Report not running

We have been using Survey Force for a while without issue for several months. Now, however, when we try to run the report 'Survey with Questions and Responses', it returns an error that a date field must be selected, but there are no date fields available to select.  We have quite a few surveys that have been taken, so we do not want to uninstall/reinstall if possible.

Survey Force Report Error Message

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
GMANDINGOGMANDINGO

Solution:

Go to 'your name'->setup->Create->Report Types

Select 'Survey w/ Question and Answers'

Select 'Edit Layout'

Add 'Created Date' and/or 'Last Modified' to at least one of the objects.

I would sugges adding to SurveyQuestionResponses.

Go to your report and try running. You may need to select 'Customize' and add one of the date fields to the report.

All Answers

ReidCReidC

Unfortunately I can't see your error message.  however, you will always have date fields -- created and last modified.  

Does that help?  Can you post another screenshot?

tennvoltennvol

Sorry about that.  Changed the URL for the image to our Site instead of our org.  It should be visible now.  The 'Date Field' drop down has nothing to select.

ReidCReidC

Did someone update Field Level Security in a way that removed your ability to see those date fields?

tennvoltennvol

Is that even possible, to hide those date fields through field level security?  I can see those fields through Force.com Explorer, but that's it.  They don't appear in Field Accesibility under Security Controls.

tennvoltennvol

Just installed the app to a developer org and tested.  I get the same result.  The report does not work.  Is there something in Summer '11 that would cause that?

GMANDINGOGMANDINGO

Try selecting 'Customize' and then 'Run Report'. Does that work? I have not seen this error/requirement before either. We are looking into issue.

tennvoltennvol

I had tried that earlier. That's what generated the error in my screen capture.

tennvoltennvol

Anything new on this?

GMANDINGOGMANDINGO

Solution:

Go to 'your name'->setup->Create->Report Types

Select 'Survey w/ Question and Answers'

Select 'Edit Layout'

Add 'Created Date' and/or 'Last Modified' to at least one of the objects.

I would sugges adding to SurveyQuestionResponses.

Go to your report and try running. You may need to select 'Customize' and add one of the date fields to the report.

This was selected as the best answer
tennvoltennvol

Thanks, that resolved the problem.