function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BWRIGBWRIG 

Cloud Swarm 3 Frustrations

I have installed Cloud Swarm onto our Salesforce and am having a lot of difficulty getting it to work the way we need it to work. I have set it up so that a user follows any opportunity for an account that they own. It seems to be only working when either myself (admin) or the user that owns the account creates the opp record.

For example, when I create the record for User A's account, they follow it. When another User creates an opp for User A's account, User A is not following it.

Can you please tell me why?

The Cloud Swarm TeamThe Cloud Swarm Team

Are you on Group Edition?

~ The Cloud Swarm Team

BWRIGBWRIG

Hi, What is the group edition?

I have the cloud swarm 3 unmanaged.

Cheers

"Group Edition" is the edition of Salesforce you are on. (i.e. Group, Professional, Enterprise, etc.)

If you log in to your Salesforce account then look at the title bar in your browser (right at the top of the screen) it should say "salesforce.com - _______ Edition".  That should indicate what edition you are on.

~ The Cloud Swarm Team

BWRIGBWRIG

We are on enterprise edition.

Does this make a difference

Yes it does.  Finding out what edition you are on helps me understand what the possible problems you have are and give you the correct steps to solve it.

Try going to Setup > App Setup > Installed Packages and click on "Cloud Swarm 3 - Unmanaged Package" and click the "Deploy" button on the top to deploy the app to all of your users (not just Administrators.)  You may also have to give Read access to the Opportunity Swarm Rule object for the appropriate Profiles.

~ The Cloud Swarm Team

qfunk24qfunk24

Having issues here as well. Running Enterprise Edition. Installed Swarm and created some opportunity rules (All Opportunities) for everyone within the organization to follow all opps, and it worked for a day and since has stopped working.

I've deleted all rules and recreated, but whenever I create a new opportunity there are no followers.... Any tips/steps to troubleshooting this issue? 

Using Managed Swarm. Not sure how that's different from the Unmanaged package. 

Thanks!

Hi qfunk24,

There is a per user limit of following 500 records in Chatter.  So when Cloud Swarm is working and stops working suddenly, it's typically because one of the users that was trying to swarm has hit that limit, so it rolls back the swarming for everyone.  You can see how many records a user is following by going to the People tab, clicking on a User, and seeing how many records they are following beside the "Following" header on the right-hand side.

If they are hitting that limit (and by the sounds of it, hitting it pretty quickly), I suggest installing Chatter Unfollow Rules to automate unfollowing people from records that they don't need to follow anymore (e.g. closed opportunities, closed cases, etc.):

http://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N30000003IX0UEAW

Let me know if that helps.

~ The Cloud Swarm Team

qfunk24qfunk24

Thanks for the feedback. After some research, found I've hit the 500 Follow limit. Installed Unfollow and running rules now, which will take a few days to go into effect (it seems). Hope to hone in on just following the latest/active Opportunities that our team creates. 

Hope to have an update and fix by Monday. Will report back!

Great!  Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

~ The Cloud Swarm Team

Pieter_SevendotsPieter_Sevendots

Dear Cloud Swarm team

The tool is really great. I installed it when it was version 2 (Cloud Swarm2). Now I see that it automatically updated to version 3 and it is not working properly anymore. The rules are still in place but both leads and opportunities do only auto-swarm when an administrator is adding them; leads and opportunities do not auto-swarm when a normal user is adding them. Can you please help? here are the facts:

- Salesforce Group Edition

- All of our users have (much) less than 500 items that they follow

- In the lead rules overview and in the opportunity rules overview there is a rule for every user, saying that it should autofollow all leads and opportunities (no limitations).

- We edit standard fields, such as name, company etc. 

thanks

Pieter

Pieter_SevendotsPieter_Sevendots

Cloud swarm 3.0 runs properly in Group Edition while the Chatter Unfollow Rules does not run in Group Edition. We need to prevent to hit the 500 following limit. Could you please provide Chatter Unfollow also for Group Edition?

thank you

Pieter 

MWAdminMWAdmin

Is their any way to change or customize the selections when creating an Opportunity Swarm Rule?

Hi MWAdmin,

If you're looking to customize the criteria (e.g. "All Opportunities", "Only Opportunities for Accounts I Own", etc.) then you have to install the Unmanaged Package of the app and modify the code to add whatever criteria you want. 

An alternative (especially if you don't have development experience or resources) would be to create a workflow rule to have your custom criteria (e.g. "if custom field X equals Y") trigger a change in one of the standard rules on a field you're not using (for instance, Opportunity Types, if you're not using them otherwise.)

I hope that helps!

cK

FYI, you can also use ChattoMate to follow or unfollow records, users, or groups using completely custom criteria, but it's not real-time like Cloud Swarm.

cK