function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ssellersssellers 

Multiple addresses displayed on map? Salesforce International Mapping (Bing)

Hello -- I've installed Salesforce International Mapping (w/ Bing) on my accounts and contacts objects. It's working great, and I really dig the app.

However it would be extremely useful if someone could give me some direction on how to customize the back-end source code so that I can display multiple addresses (both standard and custom) on the same object map. Once someone shows me how to do it for one address, I'm sure I can replicate the process for the other addresses.

Thanks a lot,

Sean

siv001siv001

Hi Sean,

Salesforce International Mapping with Bing Maps was written to only use one address. However Bing Maps can do alot more things like mapping multiple x,y coordinates on a map. For example have a look at  50 pins on a Bing Map as well as other examples on this page. Also the Bing Maps SDK is also a good starting point.

From a quick look at these examples, the sdk pages and seeing how Salesforce International Mapping with Bing Maps was put together this should give you a few pointers.

Thanks

Mark

ssellersssellers

Thanks for the leads, Mark. I'll definitely check out those two pages. My remaining question, however, is where do I actually make these customizations within Salesforce? On the Bing Maps App source page?

Thanks,

Sean

siv001siv001

Hi Sean,

All the code is open so you can either modify the existing Bings Map work, copy it and then modify it or start from scratch.

Thanks

Mark